Complaint Review: Freecredit Report - CIC Credit Monitor - Creditexpert - Consumerinfo - Experian

• Submitted: Fri, December 05, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, December 05, 2003

• Reported By:Mercersburg Pennsylvania
Freecredit Report - CIC Credit Monitor - Creditexpert - Consumerinfo - Experian
P.O. Box 1090, Orange, California U.S.A.

Freecredit Report - CIC Credit Monitor SVC - Consumer Info - Creditexpert - Experian deceptive credit report scam, fradulent billing, ripoff Orange California

I signed up for a free credit report and trial membership of Credit Monitoring with freecreditprofile.com. They said if I cancelled within the 30-day trial period, I would not be billed $79.95. I saved the cancellation email they sent me.

A month later, I saw that $79.95 had indeed been withdrawn from my bank account by one of the comapny's 13 aliases: CIC Credit Monitoring SVC.

I called the company numerous times and each time they told me that they had no record that $79.95 was withdrawn from my account by their company. I found this hard to believe consdering I had the bank statement in front of me showing that the money had been withdrawn by them.

I have sent the company letters. I have also filed complaints with the BBB, IFCC, and the FTC as well, in hopes that one of the investigations will help refund my money.

The BBB of the Southland has a page of information on this company. It includes all phone numbers, the company's 5 differnet addresses, as well as the 13 different aliases used by the company.

Lock Haven, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2003 05:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freecredit-Report-CIC-Credit-Monitor-Creditexpert-Consumerinfo-Experian/Orange-California-92865/Freecredit-Report-CIC-Credit-Monitor-SVC-Consumer-Info-Creditexpert-Experian-decep-74195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freecredit Report - CIC Credit Monitor - Creditexpert - Consumerinfo - Experian