Complaint Review: Freecreditreport.com

• Submitted: Fri, April 06, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, April 06, 2007

• Reported By:Daly City California
freecreditreport.com Internet U.S.A.

Freecreditreport.com Being a new immigrant, I signed up at freecreditreport.com to montior my credit activity as build up credit history. I was under the impression I NEEDED to use their product. I did not know I can get really FREE reports at annualcreditreport.com every 12 months. The Triple Advantage the web site said, but after getting wiser (thanks to Rip-Off!) I called cancelled it. Internet

As a new immigrant to the US, I wanted to build my credit history. Surfing the net brought me to freecreditreport.com which advertised that it would give FREE credit report. I thought I NEEDED to be a member to view my reports but after learning that by law anyone has a right to get their credit report from the 3 companies every 12 months, I gor wiser. Thanks to Rip-Off for protecting the consumer! I called up the 1-800 number and cancelled it today. The lady was polite though but was trying to make me stay. I told her that its nice that they are just after our welfare but we have legal rights anyway so I'd rather cancel. She cancelled it. I didn't ask for a refund anymore but I got an e-mail from freecreditreport about the cancellation. I'm going to keep the e-mail as proof just in case they bill me. Thanks everyone for keeping the consumer on top!

Daly City, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2007 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freecreditreportcom/internet/Freecreditreportcom-Being-a-new-immigrant-I-signed-up-at-freecreditreportcom-to-montior-242753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freecreditreport.com