Complaint Review: Freedmen's Financial Resources

• Phone: 416-732-7598
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Freedmen's Financial Resources Caught In Scam ripoff Ontario Internet

*Consumer Comment: Maybe from now on you will INVESTIGATE before you INVEST?

*Author of original report: Freedmen's Financial Resources Caught In Scam ripoff Ontario Internet- Tanya Clayton

I was contacted by Tanya Clayton on July 10, 2007 stating that I was approved for a loan for $5000. I had to submit a security deposit to an insurance company (Flags Insurance Group/Patrick W. Brown) to cover my loan should anything happen to me in the process of paying back my loan this was done by a wiretransfer. My deposit was paid ($885.00).

I was garaunteed the loan would be placed into my account within 3 business days. On the third business day, I had not received the money as stated. I lost a substantial amount of money believing that I was approved for a loan that I really needed.

Bwilliams
Woodbridge, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2007 07:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freedmens-Financial-Resources/internet/Freedmens-Financial-Resources-Caught-In-Scam-ripoff-Ontario-Internet-262557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freedmen's Financial Resources

Maybe from now on you will INVESTIGATE before you INVEST?

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

This is also known as "Look before you leap".

You had needed $5000, and now you need $6000?

Have you looked into "advance fee loans" here??

ALL "advance fee loans" are illegal.

You can expect more promises from people who will tell you that they can get you a loan... of course, you will be asked to provide some kind of up-front money for some phoney reason.... simply because you will be on a 'suckers' list' of people who can be had.....

AUTHOR: Bwilliams - (U.S.A.)

I applied for a personal loan to help catch up on bills that I was behind on. On July 10th I was contacted by Tanya Clayton expressing that I was approved for a $5000.00 loan. I had three choice in order to secure my loan. (1) Co-signer, (2) Property as Collateral, or (3) Secured funds of $885.00 to Flags Insurance Group. Tanya Clayton emailed me the documents/contract which I inturn filled out and faxed back to her. She called me to confirm that she received the fax and when I was ready to submit the secured deposit to give her a call. She called me on July 17th to ask if I needed an extension. I told her I would have the entire deposit amount on July 19th. On July 19th Tanya contacted me and gave me the information needed to wire my deposit. I wired my deposit to a Patrick W. Brown in Ontario Canada. At 6:08 pm Tanya contacted me and asked if I had made the deposit and asked for the wire confirmation number. She informed me that the 19th counted as one business day and the money would be deposited into my account on Monday the 23rd between 1:00 am and 6:00 pm. I have not received the money as of yet and Tanya Clayton is not returning any phone calls nor emails.