Complaint Review: Freedom Boat club

• Updated: Thu, September 01, 2011

• Reported By: Joe Anderson — Florida United States of America
Freedom Boat club
420 Southwest 3rd Avenue Ft Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Freedom Boat club Freedom Boat Club Miami DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING!!!!! DO NOT JOIN!!!!! RUN!!!!! Ft Lauderdale, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Totally True

*Author of original report: Not A Competitor!

*UPDATE Employee: False Claims

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS CLUB!!!!!  Not only me, but every present or past member I've met is either unhappy or has left the club. The club's business model is simple: Promise you the world and take a lump sum of your money up front.  Afterwards they treat you like garbage and prefer if you quit because they dont have to buy more boats for more members and its and endless cycle.  I hope to do help spread the word to end this horrible cycle.  If you dont believe me based on my experience just have any attorney review the contract Freedom asks you to sign and they will tell you its as crooked as it gets.

You basically give "Freedom" free reign on your credit card if any "incidents" occur.  An "incident" can be anything they feel necessary even if no damage is done.  They use this as an opportunity to refurbish their boats with your money.  As per the contract they also can relate any future repairs back to your "incident."  Also, you are unable to dispute anything the choose to charge to your card.  If you want to dispute anything you have to go to court, and with that you are automatically kicked out of the club and if for any reason you lose the case you have to pay their attorney fees.  As my attorney explained it, "every time you take a boat out you are rolling the dice with giving them all of the rights to your credit card."

Aside from this, boats are never available, they are beat up, and they rarely let you go fishing saying that its too choppy.  It sounds too good to be true when you meet with them and after signing you find that thats because you didnt get the truth and you made a bad decision.

I've heard great things about the other clubs but everyone says, and I can also agree that the owner of the Miami/Ft Lauderdale Franchise is a CROOK!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2011 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freedom-Boat-club/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33135/Freedom-Boat-club-Freedom-Boat-Club-Miami-DO-NOT-SIGN-ANYTHING-DO-NOT-JOIN-RUN-760354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freedom Boat club

Totally True

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (United States of America)

Whether this individual was a member or not, he sure knows exactly what is going on at the Freedom Boat Club in Fort Lauderdale.  Members are treated like the scum on the bottom of their boats.  Totally disrespected and totally ripped-off.  It was very disappointing.  Don't fall for all the promises, they are not true and unless you enjoy being treated like a 2nd-class citizen, don't join this very unprofessional organization.

We were members for only 8 months before we decided that the treatment we were receiving from staff at the club was not worth staying.  Don't make the same mistake we did.

Not A Competitor!

AUTHOR: Joe Anderson - (United States of America)

I would like to clarify that I am NOT a competing boat rental company.  Freedom is right that the name on this report was never a member.  I used a false name to avoid more financial harassment from this company.  They use the verbiage in their contract to financially torture you via the credit card on file and I'm avoiding any more confrontations by not giving my real name.  PLEASE, if you think this may be a competing boat company or a fake report, thats fine, but do yourself a favor as I mentioned, have ANY attorney review the contract and they will tell you that you are crazy to sign.  I wish someone gave me this advise before hand!!!

False Claims

AUTHOR: Freedom Boat Club - (United States of America)

The name associated with the report is not and has never been a member of Freedom Boat Club.  Unfortunately, there are competitors in the market place that use this website as a tool to discredit the industry leader.  We encourage all interested people to make a personal visit to our Club, meet our staff,  and view our fleet of boats and make your own determination.