Complaint Review: Freedom Ford Sales Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, May 01, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, May 01, 2014

• Reported By: Freakin Pissed — Johnstown Pennsylvania
Freedom Ford Sales Inc.
3941 Admiral Peary Hwy Ebensburg, Pennsylvania USA

Freedom Ford Sales Inc. Freedom Ford Refuses to cancel charges on a car that doesn't exist anymore! Ebensburg Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Pay the bank

I guess I will start at the beginning. I needed a new car, very badly. I was young, had barely any credit, and was desperate.  I guess you could say I was a little naive until this point in my life, I never thought someone could be this evil. So my parents and I decided that we were going to both get cars that day, and we went together.

So the salesman focused on my parents, and basically told me that I had one car to choose from. I liked it, it was a candy blue, totally me.  So I signed the papers, and took that sucker home.

About a month later, I start having mechanical issues with my car. It was used, a 2007 Ford Focus. I could barely drive it because it would overheat and I'd have to stop to let it cool down. So I finally get it to the dealership, which is 45 minutes from my house, so it was an adventure driving it that far.  They kept it for a month before they told me what was wrong with it. It was a completely SCREWED transmission. I've owned the car for a month, and babied it. Then they tried to make me pay for it. So after I made it clear that I wasn't paying for it, they took another whole month to fix the d**n thing.

Fast forward to December 2013. I totaled my poor Focus on a patch of black ice, flipped it and everything. I'm still emotionally scarred from this.  I contact GAP and my Insurance and it seems like all is well and I can focus on recovering. NOPE. I get a letter from my bank (Bank of America) that I still owe $1000. So I'm thinking, well, yeah, my dedictible is $500, but where is that other $500 coming from?  After a lengthy chat with my bank, she tells me that Freedom Ford still has charges on the account and I need to cancel them because I obviously don't need them.

So I call Freedom Ford, talk to Tom Loller, he tells me to bring in my loan agreement and some other papers, and he will get it sorted out and mail out the check to my bank in 3-4 weeks.  So I feel a bit better about all of this.

Fast forward to last week. I get a call from my bank telling me that my account is about to go into collections. At this point I'm like W.T.F.  My bank tells me that no payments have been made (which Freedom Ford was supposed to send the check to cover the payments that were missing).

I call Tom Loller and HE FREAKING TELLS ME that he thought he was sending the check to me, which is BULLS*** because I didn't get a check either! This dude lied to my face! I am looking into legal action against this business currently.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2014 10:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freedom-Ford-Sales-Inc/Ebensburg-Pennsylvania/Freedom-Ford-Sales-Inc-Freedom-Ford-Refuses-to-cancel-charges-on-a-car-that-doesnt-exis-1143432. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freedom Ford Sales Inc.

Pay the bank

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

You may have recourse against the dealer, but I can't tell because you didn't specify in your post.

Your contract with the dealership will specify. It is a good thing you had GAP and full coverage.

What is confusing in your post is why GAP didn't pick up the 'extra charges'.

To protect yourself and your credit pay the amount outstanding to the lender and go after the dealership for the $500. It is very important to keep your credit in good standing while you have a disagreement with the dealership over these charges.

For that amount of money it would be best to take them to small claims court. You will need to show in your contract that they are charging you for fees over and above the contracted amount.

Caution:  Don't use the excuse that the collateral no longer exists. That is not a defense to a loan. A loan doesn't go away if the collateral is destroyed. That is why we have insurance.  Look at the contract to see what the fees were and how much you paid. Good luck.