Complaint Review: Freedom GLD

• Submitted: Tue, October 24, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, October 24, 2006

• Reported By:Corsicana Texas
Freedom GLD
10500 ULMERTON RD Ste. 726-302 Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Freedom GLD, Impostors, steals college students money, Fraudelent scamps Largo Florida *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

Freedom GLD are impostors. This woman called me one afternoon, woke me up, She stated her name as my school's student advisor. She never said what company she was with. She began speaking so fast that I could bearly understand what it is she was saying. She then told me she would record the second part of our conversation, I was so sleepy, I was naive and I am very vulnerable when someone wakes me out of my sleep. Believing that she was my student advisor I didn't want to be rude and hang up, I gave her information that I should not have and regreted. The one thing I know is that I did not say yes to any service. She simply asked me if I understood i replied yes and I guess they used that in their favor against me.

About two weeks later or more I went to my account withdrew small amount of twenty dollars and realised that a sum of $149.0 dollars was missing I asked my foolish bank for a read out of the transactions. And a check of 149.0 dollars to Freedom GLD showed up, I was shocked cos I never wrote any checks. I am now filing a report against those dead gum suckers. N I am getting that refund. Banks are very slack as to allow things like this to happen. How can they allow someone else to take money out of your account without your handwritten signature. Such a big and experienced country as the USA to allow smaller countries to beat them at ways to do business. THIS IS NOT OVER!!

Corsicana, Texas

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson - Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2006 08:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freedom-GLD/Largo-Florida-33771/Freedom-GLD-Impostors-steals-college-students-money-Fraudelent-scamps-Largo-Florida-E-217516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freedom GLD