Complaint Review: Freedom Gold And or Versa Talk

• Submitted: Wed, July 06, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, July 06, 2005

• Reported By:Princeton West Virginia
Freedom Gold And or Versa Talk
5414 Crenshaw Ave. Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Freedom Gold And or Versa Talk stole $199 from checking account without permission Ripoff Tampa Florida

I was called at work and was very busy at the time. The lady on the phone assured me that the call would not last longer than 1 minute. About 7 minutes later, she began to tell me that I would have seven days to review Freedom Gold's information. If I were to decide that it was not for me, I could cancel within the seven days.

On the seventh day, I received the packet. To prevent being billed, I immediately canceled online. I thought everything was okay until I recieved a letter from Versa Talk saying that my account would be debited $49 monthly unless I canceled by that same day.

While on the phone with a very rude versa talk representative, he let it slip that I would have to write a letter to freedom gold to get a refund. A refund for what, I asked. I then found out that Freedom Gold stole $199 from my checking account.

I tried calling both Freedom Gold and Versa Talk, but the representatives are very rude and they change the subject when they are confronted. The one from Freedom Gold insists that I cancelled after my free trial was over, even though I did cancel on time.

I immediately went to the bank to have a fraudulent activity form filed. I just graduated college and have very little money. This company really damaged my finances. If any of you get your money back, please let me know what methods you used. These people are ruthless and they lie, so do not assume that they will refund your money.

Laura
Princeton, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2005 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freedom-Gold-And-or-Versa-Talk/Tampa-Florida-33634/Freedom-Gold-And-or-Versa-Talk-stole-199-from-checking-account-without-permission-Ripoff-148761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freedom Gold And or Versa Talk