Complaint Review: Freedom Gold - Distinct Advantage

• Submitted: Tue, January 10, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, January 10, 2006

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
Freedom Gold - Distinct Advantage
10500 Ulmerton Rd., Suite 726-302 Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Freedom Gold - Distinct Advantage ripoff Harassment falls information Largo Florida

I got a call from Greedom Gold/Distinct Advantage telling me I had been qualifide for there card. They said I would get a 7 day Trial and if I dont like it that i could just call the number that came with it and cancel it.

I asked them how long I had before I would be billed and they said "7 days after you get the card at your home." I told them I had problems with other companys charging my account after i canel it and they told me that my account would not be charged if I cancel within the 7 days.I then said ok and gave them my bank information.

I got the card in the mail and called and canceled it the day after(all done on an automated system).I got another one the same day I canceled it from them, wich I had no Idea I was getting so I canceled it to the same day.

I then found out that my back account was froz because of a missed payment. I then got a call from Freedom Gold saying that my acount could not be billed and that I had to pay for the charges. I told them that i had canceled it before it should have been billed. They told me that it was never canceled and I would have to pay for the charges. I told them I would not pay for them and that they need to check again. They then got mad at me and there voice became stronger and they began to threaten me saying that if I dont they will send it to a collection department and they would have me put in jail for using a bad check and then hung up on me.

I got the same kind of calls for the next cuple of weeks waking me up in the morning after a long night of work. I called again and again to there customer care center only getting the automated system. Then I got a call from a collection agencie.

The collection agency I am still dealing with every day. They tell me the company said I never canceled so I have to pay. They said that I would have got a cancelation number, wich was never given to me at any time. I still will not pay and now they are telling me that it is going to be sent to a government agancie to get the money from me or put me in jail. I want to take this company to court for all the problems they are making for me and for the harassment every day I get from them. I have all the paperwork I have that they sent me and I am going to record the phone calls. These people need to be stopped now before they do this to anyone ells.

Joshua
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2006 09:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freedom-Gold-Distinct-Advantage/Largo-Florida-33771/Freedom-Gold-Distinct-Advantage-ripoff-Harassment-falls-information-Largo-Florida-171276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freedom Gold - Distinct Advantage