Complaint Review: Freedom Gold, TeliFlex

• Submitted: Sat, January 20, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, February 08, 2007

• Reported By:Hillsboro South Carolina
Freedom Gold, TeliFlex
10500 Ulmer Rd. Ste. 725-302 Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Freedom Gold, TeliFlex Freedom Gold, swore wouldn't get charged, promised vouchers, false, deceptive telemarketer Ripoff Largo Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: This happens everyday!

*Author of original report: Freedom Gold/Distinct Advantage/called the company

A telemarketer called me and said they were rewarding me for maintaining an active checking account. Being financially strapped, they found me at a weak moment and caught me with the free gas and airplane ticket vouchers. Everything told me to hang up, but I kept going.

They had my checking account numbers. I told them I could not buy anything, and they swore I would never be charged. I could just keep the vouchers and cancel the phone service.

I canceled the TeliFlex as soon as I received the letter. But, a week later there was $149.00 taken out of my checking account.
It wasn't taken from TeliFlex. It was another company called Freedom Gold, but these two companies are the same one.

I have filed a dispute with my bank. Freedom Gold is closed this weekend, but I will be calling them. From what I have read, they are rude and will hang up on me if they want to. Wish me luck!

Lee
Hillsboro, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2007 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freedom-Gold-TeliFlex/Largo-Florida-33771/Freedom-Gold-TeliFlex-Freedom-Gold-swore-wouldnt-get-charged-promised-vouchers-false-231628. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freedom Gold, TeliFlex

#1 Consumer Suggestion

This happens everyday!

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I work for a financial institution and have to deal with this company and all of it's partner companies all the time. They'll tell you they're going to refund your money, but then they'll wait until it's too late for you to get your bank to return the charge.

Legally your bank only has 24 hours to return a preauthorized charge like the ones they send, but most of the time your bank will let you fudge up to 3 months if you are willing to sign an affidavit saying you never authorized it. You'll have to contact your bank for details.

Just don't wait for them to refund your money, because my experience has shown me that it's a ploy to get you to wait until the timeframe has elapsed and they legally don't have to return it. Change your account number too, you don't want the company and any of it's partner companies to have your info.

Also, when they contact you after finding out you've changed your account number and tell you they've tried to refund the money but can't because your account number has been changed, DON'T give it out again. I hope it's obvious to see why you shouldn't do that.

I want to know what financial institution they use, usually it's printed on the front of the remotely created check - usually they're legitimate - but for some reason legitimate charges don't mention their bank name, end of sarcasm.

I hope this helps!

Freedom Gold/Distinct Advantage/called the company

AUTHOR: Erin - (U.S.A.)

After stewing over what I would say to this company all weekend, I called first thing in the morning. I got through within five minutes. After I explained the problem, she was silent for a few seconds like she didn't understand. I told her I know you deal with this everyday, so don't pretend you don't.

She gave me an address, confirmation code, and said to write a letter and I would receive my money back. She told me there was no reason to be upset, it was that simple. I just can't trust her after everything I've read.

Has anyone else experienced this and actually gotten their money back? PLease HELP!