Complaint Review: Freedom Pop

• Updated: Thu, August 29, 2013

• Reported By: Evan — east point Georgia
Freedom Pop
2940 DUKE OF GLOUCESTER ATLANTA, Georgia USA

Freedom Pop has horrible customer service and an obtuse website with little help extremely difficult to reach customer service by any means ATLANTA Georgia

I signed up for the top tier Freedom Pop service. As I reached the limit on data, I am redirected to the freedompop.com website which states I have to contact them. I call several times a day and leave messages. Their system can leave you on hold for up to an hour and then puts you in a voicemail. I tried this for four days with no return call. I did get emails with an attached file of my request but no response other than the automated one. I then finally reach someone and they instruct me on the top off procedure, which was activated but not functioning for a reason that the rep was unable to determine.

I top off and continue with the service. After about a week, same thing happens. This time, I attempt to reach them three times a day for seven business days. No help or response. I searched online and found a support email. I did get a response 48 hours later. I was told that their customer service department was understaffed and they were running a promotion so all of the reps were on 'new account requests' and very few were assisting with tech support.

The rep was unable to tell me why my service was disconnected and I was unable to top off. He said my account was 'locked' and it would be approximately a week before it could be researched and corrected because they were 'behind'. I cancelled the service at that point. I never received the $20 in my account although the rep stated I would. I was unable to reverse the charge because too much time had passed. I was able to sell the purchased device for $20 so at least I did sort of recoup my money. It's a great concept but the execution is horrible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2013 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freedom-Pop/ATLANTA-Georgia-30344/Freedom-Pop-has-horrible-customer-service-and-an-obtuse-website-with-little-help-extremel-1080190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freedom Pop