Complaint Review: Freedom Pop

• Reported By: Customer — United States of America
Freedom Pop

Freedom Pop Charging Hidden Fees Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Response Time

Just red previous report from former FreedomPop customer and have to say it's getting worse. Very similar things happened to me.

Paid $105, includes $99 FULLY refundable deposit, if modem returned in good condition and $6 Shipping/Handling. My FREE internet worked for TWO days. It consumed 500 MB data. Well, it could happen, but now on T-mobile it takes 10 days, my habits didn't change.

Anyway, I've ordered next MB data, no more free, paid for it. My Internet stopped working on 3rd day. It wasn't out of funds. Bought T-mobile to have at least something. Didn't find any telephone number for support on FreedomPop website, just e-mail. Nobody responded for 3 days. Then started shouting 'it's fixed!'.

Said, no thanks. Understand my frustration, when during 3 days you don't have access to information you were counting on.

Started return modem procedure. In a month, just $74 was returned. I have in my e-mail box responses from them, that modem was in good condition. So my question is, in what hypothetical situation you could be refunded all promised $99, if even in good condition you get just $74?

Amazingly, but nobody is able to protect you from this scam. I filed reports to discover (what I paid from), FCC and BBB. BBB closed my complaint with resolution "Customer satisfied". Nice? Discover charged me again for their modem.

So, in our country, businesses are protected. We are not. Think twice before you buy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2013 07:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freedom-Pop/internet/Freedom-Pop-Charging-Hidden-Fees-Internet-1027252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freedom Pop

Response Time

AUTHOR: FreedomPop - ()

Hello,

FreedomPop strives to provide the most efficient customer service that we can, and works to provide responses to all incoming tickets within two business days. Occasionally, new device or service releases can increase our incoming inquiries and we can sometimes stretch beyond our 48-hour window. We apologize if this was the case when you contacted us; we are constantly working to improve our first response time.

When a device is returned to FreedomPop, we need to test it out to ensure that it is still in working order and then replace the packaging. Our logistics provider, who handles returns, charges us a real fee to perform this testing and then to restock the device. The fee represents part of what we were charged to perform this testing, clean, and repackage the device, and is mentioned in our FAQs.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. Thank you!