Complaint Review: Freedom Resource , 1Rate.com

• Submitted: Fri, May 02, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, May 02, 2003

• Reported By:Hazel Crest Illinois
Freedom Resource , 1Rate.com
1025 Rose Creek Dr, Ste 620 #387 Woodstock, Georgia U.S.A.

Freedom Resource , 1Rate.com ripoff consumer fraud Woodstock Georgia

Made an offer without providing the goods. Withdrew from my cking acct $221.95 on 12/3/02 and never sent the promised credit card w/a credit limit of $2,500, within the 15 day proposed period. Repeatedly called their number given me the day I applied on phone, racking up phone charges over $100 for holdng without speaking to a customer service rep., hung up on.

When was able to get thru to a customer service rep, I was given excuses, lies and rude attitude. After 2 mos. and aggravation I was finally provided an address to contact them. Wrote a letter requesting a refund of my money-included a copy of the letter I sent to my local Better Business Bureau-reporting Freedom Resource and their fraudulent practice.

Finally received a form to sign and return to them for refund of my money. Did sign and return that form over a month ago, told them I was going to State's Attorney re: them. And still no refund.

Since returning that signed refund request to them, my original cking acct has been closed. I wrote them another letter telling them to send me a refund ck-I definitely do not want them having any access to any of my personal accts. Still have not received the ck.

Did also receive a notice from 1Rate.com re: the long distance trial - wasn't sure if they were connected to Freedom resource or not. Faxed their letter and a cancellation statement to them that I did not sign any agreement for their service and told them I reported Freedom resource to the BBB - if they were connected to them, I definitely wanted nothing to do with them. That was faxed to 1Rate.com about a month ago as well. Fax # 877 245 5400.

I just want my full amount refunded to me. Freedom resource gave me hogwash about a $24.95 fee being deducted due to processing fees, but they never processed anything involving the credit card I was supposed to receive and never did. I am most upset and kicking myself for being so stupid. I know better but they caught me a a very vulnerable time.

Joanne
Hazel Crest, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2003 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freedom-Resource-1Ratecom/Woodstock-Georgia-30189/Freedom-Resource-1Ratecom-ripoff-consumer-fraud-Woodstock-Georgia-55451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freedom Resource , 1Rate.com