Complaint Review: Freedom Resource, Lenox Capital

• Submitted: Tue, December 31, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, December 31, 2002

• Reported By:salt lake city Utah
Freedom Resource, Lenox Capital
Atlanta, Georgia Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Freedom Resource, Lenox Capital credit card scam, ripoff Atlanta Georgia

My husband had been recieving phone calls for a couple weeks from these individuals, finally they got him on the phone. He spoke with Jane Robinson Rep #57 who treated him like his best friend. He told her that he was not interested. After a few moments she had convinced him to listed to her scam pitch and it worked. He handed the phone to me and like a fool i gave them our checking number, then had to go through the process of verification. About an hour later, I started to have a really bad feeling about this. Going over the conversation in my head things just didn't add up. She already had my bank routing number, which no one ever just have. When I asked questions she was very short and sweeet with her answers, mostly just a bunch of "yep"(not very professional in my opinion) Would not give me a telephone number. When I finished the verification the man rattled off the telephone number really quick, and when I didn't verify my bank number he was very persistant in asking if that was a yes. A couple hours later I got on the internet to try to research and found out that it was a scam. I called the 800 number that they gave me for verification and asked questions and the guy said you don't know the name of the company, i told him if I did I would not be calling you. He asked me what information I wanted for which number and proceded to tell me the company was freedom resource out of atlanta, GA. That they were just a processing company that sold, or no they just process the information. Thanks to the website I am headed to my credit union this morning to see what I can do, i will update you all. Thanks for opening my blinders to the real world.

kris
salt lake city, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2002 08:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freedom-Resource-Lenox-Capital/Atlanta-Georgia/Freedom-Resource-Lenox-Capital-credit-card-scam-ripoff-Atlanta-Georgia-39631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freedom Resource, Lenox Capital