Complaint Review: Freedom Resource

• Reported By:rochester Minnesota
Freedom Resource
www.freedomresource.com Internet U.S.A.

Freedom Resource credit card ripoff Unknown Internet

I was called on the phone and offered a credit card. They said I would have no annual interest and no finance charges. Sounded like a good deal. The catch was it had a start up fee of $221.95. I was planning a vacation at the time and this credit card was exactly what I needed, so I agreed. After about 4 weeks, I still hadn't recieved the card. I called the company back and told them I didn't want the card, it was too late to use it for the vacation, and I wanted a refund. They agreed to refund my money, but there would be a $20.00 charge for processing fees. They sent me a paper for me to sign and send back to them. I waited patiently for the refund, but it never came. It wasn't until about 4 months later, after attempting to call the company back, that I realized I had been scammed. The phone line was dead and not in service. I waited too long to act on it and I don't know if there is even a way to get my money back.

Sarah
rochester, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2003 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freedom-Resource/internet/Freedom-Resource-credit-card-ripoff-Unknown-Internet-56336. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freedom Resource