• Report: #194465

• Submitted: Fri, June 02, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, June 02, 2006

• Reported By:Temecula California
FreedomGLD
10590 ULMERTON RD Sta 726-302 Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Freedom GLD ripoff Fraudulent phone services Asks to confirm account number STEALS YOUR MONEY Largo Florida

FreedomGLD. These people called my cell phone many times leaving no message. I saw the missed calls and called them back. They said they were from my bank, Bank of America, and said that since I was a valued customer that I was to receive free airline vouchers, free gas cards, etc. All I needed to do was to verify my account number so that they were sure they had the right person.

They then asked for a routing number on my check, which I didn't have at the time, and then a password. They read everything back to me and even gave me a confirmation number. I figured everything was legite.

I still thought everything was in the mail and then I saw the check in my online banking history. It had my account number, my addreess, phone number and routing number on it!!! with a total of $149.00 paid to this random company (FreedomGLD).

I called my bank and they said they did not call me and said that they would never ask to verify any account information. So this must have been them.

Luckily I put a stop payment on the check and got my money reimbursed but others might not be so lucky. Be careful with your information these people are everywhere!!!

Meghan
Temecula, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2006 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FreedomGLD/Largo-Florida-33771/Freedom-GLD-ripoff-Fraudulent-phone-services-Asks-to-confirm-account-number-STEALS-YOUR-MO-194465. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FreedomGLD