Complaint Review: FreedomPop

• Reported By: Tae — Fairfax Virginia
FreedomPop
, Select State/Province USA

FreedomPop Incompetent Customer Support

I have the actual names of the agents:  e.g. Agent C and Manager G.  (I am just protecting their privacy by using initial only).

1. Initial sign-up on 2/27/14

2. Device Received: around early April

3. Device Activated on 4/16/14

4. Monthly charge of $19.99 on 4/27/14.

5. Device suspended: around 5/1/14

I spoke to about 15 customer support agents.  Out of 15 agents, only 1 agent did any actual support and solved a problem.

I did NOT get the device for more than 1 month after signing up.  At least 4 supports agents (1 in each week that the device did not arrive) had told me that the device was on the way.   Later on I found that there was some data was missing in the order  - (I was told this by an Agent C in Retention Dept who eventually fixed this particular problem).  The Agent C extended the trial period for the 2 GB service for extra month for the trouble that I have had in receiving the device.  Who knew then that this was only the beginning of the long list of problems?

Then the device could NOT be activated.  I made many calls (more than 4)and emails to the Freedompop customer support before the device was finally activated around 4/16/14.

Then I was charged $19.99 on 4/27/14 for only after 11 days of usage.

Not only that, the Freedompop service stopped working around 5/1/14.  I was told by Tech Support Manager G that this was due to a "glitch" on the Freedompop service side.

So I am paying a monthly fee only after using it for 11 days.  On top of that, the service stopped working.  And the best explanation is that they have a "glitch"

So the current status of the Freeompop service is: "NOT Working."

If you Freedompop care to be a customer servicing company, you should:

1) Fix the "glitch" ASAP

2) Reimburse $19.99  and set the next billing date to at least 2 months from when the device was activated (minus the current down time).

3) I have spent many hours of my precious time dealing with the Freedompop support agents. (All of the problems were exclusively caused by Freedompop, and the problems have gone unfixed in spite of multiple calls and emails.)  Find a way to compensate me (extra service, cash, gift basket, etc, I don't really care).  Freedompop just need to show that Freedompop cares about the great inconvenience that bring to this  customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2014 06:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FreedomPop/Select-StateProvince/FreedomPop-Incompetent-Customer-Support-1144570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FreedomPop