Complaint Review: FreedomPop

• Submitted: Fri, April 19, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, April 19, 2013

• Reported By: Brooklyn67 — Brooklyn New York
FreedomPop
18757 Burbank Blvd, Ste 116 Tarzana, CA 91356 Tarzana, California United States of America

FreedomPop Sounds too good to be true, and for the most part it is... Tarzana, California

After experiencing nonstop issues with this service from day one am I was angered/annoyed that I ultimately had to pay to ship the modem device back. I was been erroneously billed multiple times, my data usage was been improperly tracked and I had a great deal of difficulty having these issues resolved. After paying approximately $20 for less than a week of (endlessly frustrating) internet service I then had to incur shipping fees to return the modem as well.

Almost a month after returning the device I reached out to the company for an update. I was asked to provide a tracking number for the shipment (which I did not have). I was then told that they were still
setting up local towers which would enable them to test and ensure that the device I'd returned was still working. I was told to call back in one week when these towers should be up and running. Finally I received a response via email that my modem had been found and was accidentally misplaced by an employee. I was told to expect the refund to post to my bank account within 4-5 days.

Ultimately I feel that my attempt to use FreedomPop was a failed experiment with an ISP that is not
structured to fit my daily usage needs. This would not have be so bad had I not waited since December to experiment with this service that ultimately proved to be severely frustrating and unnecessarily costly. If you work from home or use internet for anything other than occasionally checking email or surfing the web on your phone, avoid this service at all cost. For anyone using more than 1GB of data a day (which I would imagine is probably most people) the way they structure data usage makes Freedompop much more costly than traditional service providers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2013 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FreedomPop/Tarzana-California-91356/FreedomPop-Sounds-too-good-to-be-true-and-for-the-most-part-it-is-Tarzana-California-1044656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FreedomPop