Blanche

• Reported By: Tripler — Benson Arizona
FreedomPop
Internet USA

FreedomPop Misleading/Bait and Switch practices Internet

I received an email from FreedomPop announcing they now had coverage in my area. I followed the link and checked availability which did not show that coverage. I sent them an email and they responded that I should check Sprint's coverage area to confirm. According to Sprint, they do have 3G coverage in my area so I ordered the OverdrivePro modem.

3 weeks later I received my modem and ran the setup. All worked well until I tried to access the internet. All I got was a cryptic url. I submitted a support ticket to see what, if anything, I was doing wrong. 2 days later, still no response. So posted the same question on Facebook and Twitter. What I was told was that 3G access requires buying a service plan. This is not listed anywhere on their website with the exception that it is buried in their blog.

I was informed via twitter that you must buy a plan as well and to send an email to cancel my account. I doubt I'll get a refund for the modem, but lesson learn.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2013 03:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FreedomPop/internet/FreedomPop-MisleadingBait-and-Switch-practices-Internet-1053054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FreedomPop