Complaint Review: FreedomPop

• Updated: Mon, May 05, 2014

• Reported By: Arnie — Kissimmee Florida
FreedomPop
Internet USA

FreedomPop Rachel ,sales, Jen ,cancellations, FreedomPop NOT FREE miserable customer service Internet

I bought an advertised "Free internet" device for FreedomPop from Yugster.com. The beginning of a nightmare.

This device ONLY works if you are in a 4G coverage area, if you check coverage it tells you that you do not have 4G but can work at 3G speeds. It will not work with this device. I got that info from Freedompop support after waiting on hold for 20 minutes, leaving my number and waiting 45 minutes for them to call back. They suggested I return my device to Yugster and "upgrade" to a device that handles 3G.

The internet access is not free. After going through, registering and providing a credit card, you see the actual monthly fees. Free has nothing to do with FreedomPop. You cannot cancel online, you have to call.

A nightmare. First call to cancel, I went through the phone menu and was placed on hold for 20 minutes until I abruptly got a fast busy.

Second call to cancel, EXACTLY the same results. When you call to cancel, they put you on hold and then hang up.

Third call, I used the menu to go to sales instead of cancellations. Finally got a person on the line (another twenty minutes of holding, even for sales). I explained what happened and that I wanted to cancel. Another ten minutes on hold for a transfer (I am not exagerating here, the wait times were awful)

So now I have Jen from cancellations on the line and I explain that I have no coverage and want my account cancelled. SHE ARGUES with me until I actually have to shout over her to cancel the account.

No Free Internet, I should have known better. Absolutely miserable customer service, and the company seems more than a little shady. HIGH PRESSURE, bait and switch tactics, and no actual product. I sure hope they don't dare charge my credit card.

I do believe this is the most caps I have ever used in a post.

Stay away from Freedompop.com, there is no free lunch.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2014 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FreedomPop/internet/FreedomPop-Rachel-sales-Jen-cancellations-FreedomPop-NOT-FREE-miserable-customer-serv-1144175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FreedomPop