Complaint Review: FreedomPop

• Updated: Mon, July 14, 2014

• Reported By: Steven — Austin Texas
Nationwide USA

FreedomPop False Advertisin Los Angeles Nationwide

They advertisise several cellular plans. I responded to an email special which advertised unlimited talk, text and 500mb of data for $10.99/mo, along with a Samsung Galaxy Victory 4g LTE on a $10/mo payment plan, which is supposed to be on the Sprint network. I signed up and ordered the phone. Upon receiving the phone I followed all three lines of instruction (turn on, connect to wifi and register) and thought I was done. I thought this was a great plan for my wife since I have to force her to keep a cell phone with her it for emergencies, especially since we have two small children, and she constantly lets the minutes expire on her prepay phone and loses the number.

Well my wife and kids head out on a road trip a few days after I receive and set up the phone. Now that my wife is on a road trip, alone with our two children, she finds out the phone will only work over wifi. Then I start doing some research and it also appears that the phone utilizes data for all talk and text. Which means that you have to keep data turned on and if you use up all of the data on apps running in the background, you will have to buy more data in that billing period to be able to use the text and talk function of the plan. This is not disclosed anywhere on their website. I tried calling customer service, and had to leave a message for tech support.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2014 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FreedomPop/nationwide/FreedomPop-False-Advertisin-Los-Angeles-Nationwide-1161816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FreedomPop