Complaint Review: Freelancer.com Allows Fraud People

• Updated: Thu, August 15, 2013

• Reported By: Syed — Hyderabad Other
Freelancer.com Allows Fraud People
, Select State/Province USA

Freelancer.com Allows Fraud People Freelancer.com allows fraud people on there website Sydney

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Same issue with Freelancer.com

*UPDATE Employee: Let me help you with Freelancer.com

Hi,

I recently opened a project on www.freelancer.com and a person with this profile https://www.freelancer.com/u/B00T.html messaged me and provided me his skype id, when i added him on skype and talked to him he said he needs $50 advance to start working on my project and he said he will deliver me the work in 2 days his name is Ishtiaq. I had a fraud previously by developer named Karim Metallaoui for my project now this developer who is named Ishtiaq provided me his mobile number which is 00801670674514 he lives in bangladesh when i tried to call him there was no ring tone i asked him why your mobile is not ringing he said its switched off. I was worried as i saw his ratings on his freelancer.com profile https://www.freelancer.com/u/B00T.html and freelancer. [continued below]....

.....com recommended me this freelancer to chose him and i was convinced that he is real guy who provides quality work, it was almost 17 hours i talk to him then he came online on skype id appsgiant Note : i got this id from freelancer.com inbox and then he asked me to make initial payment and asked me if i have paid money through neteller to email mirkhy@gmail.com, his another email is havana.katty@gmail.com and he said he has already made some work for me and said he will come in 20 minutes again on skype as his mom is calling for lunch then i paid him $50 from website www.neteller.com and guess what after sending payment from neteller its been almost 10 hours and he removed me from skype contacts, a fraud guy from bangladesh took my $50. When i contacted freelancer.com they said they cannot do anything they recommended me that guy.

Freelancer allows fraud people on there website and even recommend fraud people to hire them where in freelancer inbox fraud people sents there skype id to hire them outside freelancer.com

For proof please check screenshots.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2013 10:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freelancercom-Allows-Fraud-People/Select-StateProvince/Freelancercom-Allows-Fraud-People-Freelancercom-allows-fraud-people-on-there-website-Sy-1076295. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freelancer.com Allows Fraud People

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Same issue with Freelancer.com

AUTHOR: Mark - ()

We have similiar issue with freelancer.com.Before couple weeks we disputed freelancer,because he tooked funds upfront,didnt completed his works,removed some of previous worker website part ,asked for feedback before we completed project and lot more.

We asked to solve situation,because we wrote 5 important and simply to proof points why we are in right and why we should recieve refund.

We recieved from Mrs Eleanor (eleanorl@freelancer.com):

While it true that 5 points that been raised by you on the course of the dispute along with the points raised by your freelancer too,said case has not reached into arbitration stage to where our arbitration stage to where our arbiters will start looking at all the evidences provides as it apperars you have FILED TO PAY the arbitration fee,whereby closing the dispute in favor of your freelancer.

SOLUTION

Before arbitration and also after they confirmed our arguments was right,and i expained them why i should PAY something if was confirmed all our arguments in dispute  are true but they didnt care.THEY CARE only about FUNDS.If you paying.True and protecting customers arent  probabbly important.

We continue solving this case,outside of freelancer.com

Thanks Mark K.

Let me help you with Freelancer.com

AUTHOR: Eleanor L. - ()

Hello Syed,

My name is Eleanor L. from Freelancer.com.

I have come across your post and I can feel your disappointment towards the incident that transpired between you and your freelancer, not to mention, your thoughts about freelancer.com.  I really understand where you are coming from at the moment, and I'd like to help you out and have this investigated further.  We strive to improve our Customer Experience; revisit processes that may need tweaking, in order to prevent things like this from being replicated to any of our users in the future. You can shoot an email to EleanorL@freelancer.com, and I will personally look into this.  I am looking forward for your correspondence.

Sincerely,