- Report: #1040873
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Freelancer.com
Freelancer.comSuite 52, Jones Bay Wharf New South Wales, Select State/Province Australia
Freelancer.com SCAM Alert 2013 Freelancer.com (formerly GetAFreelancer, Scriptlance and vWorker/Rentacoder) Freelancer.com SCAM Alert 2013 Formerly GetAFreelancer.com New South Wales, Australia
*UPDATE Employee: I'd like to help!
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
This is scamming of contractors since the client has already got their service and Freelancer.com has already deducted its commissions. Mathew (Matt) Barrie or someone in the finance/billing department ought to address these issues as critical and not just hire Filipinos who do not even have direct access to the concerned departments and who get paid to tell you to wait indefinitely or to search through and quote pre-written terms and conditions and pre-written responses.
"Ms Michelle Hammond once published an article titled "Freelancer.com founder dismisses scam claims" (If you do like to read it, you need to register. It is free, simple and they deserved it as they signalized that Freelancer.com may have its very bad side). Since the posting of this article there have been thousands of complaints raised on similar issues See here; Some Freelancer.com Scam Complaints and one wonders if this is not a sign that the low level support team at Freelancer.com has the capacity to address these issues."
My main concerns;
- Why should Freelancer.com mark a client as Financially Verified if the client is not?
- Why should Freelancer.com block withdrawals of finances that are already in a contractor's account and yet make deductions of their service fees if the client funds source is questionable?
- Why should they block contractors from withdrawing funds long after the projects have successfully ended and positive feedback has been given to the client if this is not supposed to be their trap for the next contractor?
- When a contractor raises such an issue, why does the support person close the ticket even before the issue is resolved?
#. Anyone who has direct contacts to the Freelancer finance department or to Mathew (Matt) Barrie, please send them to me. If anyone should contact me from this company, it should be someone who is qualified enough to solve my problem by looking at the problem history or someone who has direct access to the department that has this capacity and not some Filipino who is hired to refer to company terms and condition that have no relevance here.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2013 03:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freelancercom/New-South-Wales-Select-StateProvince-2009/Freelancercom-SCAM-Alert-2013-Freelancercom-formerly-GetAFreelancer-Scriptlance-and-vW-1040873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.