Complaint Review: Freeshipping.com

• Updated: Tue, February 19, 2013

• Reported By: Claudette — Tampa Florida United States of America
Freeshipping.com
www.freeshipping.com Internet United States of America

Freeshipping.com Cancel membership links don't work, phone number out of service , Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Complaint# 1016338 response

I signed up for this product when I ordered Shari's Berries, in order to get $15 off shipping that day.

However, I set an alarm to cancel the membership within 5 days because they give you 30 to cancel.

Not surprisingly, they do not process your rebate until after 30 days have passed -- how convenient.  This fits with people here who have said that they then refuse to process your rebate if your account is not active at the time they decide to process your rebate.

But the REAL problem that I have with this company is that they purposely make it impossible to cancel your membership.  I logged in to my site, and the Cancel Membership page loads up blank.  MORE convenient for them!  I was a computer programmer and I looked at the source of the page, and there is NOTHING coded to show up on that page, not even referencing another page of code, it is meant to be blank in the entire body of the webpage. [continued below]....
.....

BUT THE WORST thing is that I then went to the Contact Us page, and the 855 number they list there is out of service!  THEN, when I try to submit something via the contact form, submitting it just logs you out of your account!!!  I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!

The credit card company representative got a phone number for them on my credit card statement (sorry, I don't get paper statements, I go online and look at amounts.  the information should be correct on the website, period).   So we call together on conference call, and all the representative from freeshipping.com says is that She's never had anyone contact her to tell her that there is a problem with the phone number or cancelling on the website.  NO KIDDING -- THEY MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH THEM!   How ridiculous.

They finally cancelled and gave me my refund of my month of membership.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2013 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freeshippingcom/internet/Freeshippingcom-Cancel-membership-links-dont-work-phone-number-out-of-service-Intern-1016338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freeshipping.com

Complaint# 1016338 response

AUTHOR: arand - (United States of America)

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you were caused when trying to cancel your account. Can you please email customerservice@freeshipping.com with the number you called that was out of service?  We do not want members to be unable to cancel.

I see your account was cancelled, a refund given and the $15 shipping rebate was paid out.

Alice