Complaint Review: Freewebs.com

• Updated: Thu, September 04, 2008

• Reported By:Collinsville Illinois
Internet U.S.A.

Freewebs.com No Hassle Refund Policy??? They're Lying! Internet

I have used freewebs.com for years for small free sites, but decided to make a site a created for another company more professional by paying for a domain name. I paid for it off my Visa and it was fine.

I wanted to get email addresses so I paid for the Premium service only to find that you only get email if you pay for the whole year. That wouldn't work because I set it up top pay monthly. So I said fine, I'll just cancel the premium package since there is a "No Hassle 30-day Refund Policy." Well, I set it up on August 30, 2008. Have been trying to contact someone for my refund since the 31st. Still haven't gotten a response. I figure they have gotten my messages, but are going to try to wait it out until September 30 (the deadline for refund) until they respond.

I am extremely upset and I wish I had discovered this site before paying anything. I've paid $60 for a domain name and $19 with a monthly payment of $9 for nothing. If I can't get the email addresses, it's all for nothing. I went through google to try to set up email addresses, and they want you to do too much (that I don't know how to do and they don't explain it well) to verify domain name ownership.

This has all been a huge waste of time and money and I want my premium membership fee refunded. I knew I couldn't get refunded for the domain name, but I want my monthly payments stopped and my money back!

Collinsville, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2008 06:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freewebscom/internet/Freewebscom-No-Hassle-Refund-Policy-Theyre-Lying-Internet-369604. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freewebs.com