Complaint Review: Freewebs.com

• Phone: 301-960-9000
  • Web:
  • Category: Websites

Webs.com - Freewebs.com IMPOSSIBLE TO CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT ONLINE Internet

I opened an account in February 2009. All seemed well - the site seemed easy enough to navigate. The trouble started when I tried to close my account. First, I went through their website as directed and started a ticket to close my account. No response. Then, I sent an email. No response. Another ticket - no response. You get the idea. I called their phone number (which I was only able to locate with my credit card company's help - 301-960-9000) and was told I had to go back and register another ticket. Finally, I get this response:

> You have recently used the Delete my Site option to request the cancellation of your
> premium services and/or domain name. Unfortunately we were unable
> to process your request in a timely manner.
> Please take a moment to visit the My Account section of your Webs.com account and
> click "Cancel my Premium Services" under Other Tools. This tool will
> instantly cancel the automatic renewal of any active premium services you have on your account.
> We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
> Kindest Regards,
> The Webs.com Premium Services team

In short, it is IMPOSSIBLE to close your account with this company. My advice: NEVER OPEN UP AN ACCOUNT WITH THIS COMPANY. They will bill you a minimum of $4.90/month for all eternity if they can.

Nancyk
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2009 01:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freewebscom/internet/Webscom-Freewebscom-IMPOSSIBLE-TO-CLOSE-YOUR-ACCOUNT-ONLINE-Internet-453003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freewebs.com