Complaint Review: Freight Center.com

• Updated: Tue, January 15, 2013

• Reported By: Cliff — Tollesboro Kentucky United States of America
Freight Center.com

Freight Center.com Cheated by fraud Internet

I contacted freight Center .com to get a quote to ship two used combine tires from Kansas to Kentucky.  These are very large tires.  I called their phone number as I was unable to complete the information on the web page information sheet and needed help in classifing the tires.  I did not know what classificaitons were.

In discussing the tires with the freicht center representative, I said, let me send you photos of the tires so you can classify them correctly.  I did, she listed the classifiction send sent me a quote for $503.97 to ship the tires to my farm.

On day the shippment arrived, the shipper (yellow freight) called and stated he could not come to my farm as the roads were to small.  I explained we get our semi grain trucks there, but he stated he coulden't and I would to meet him out at a large road.  So I took My loader and truck out to a main highway to unload.  Turned out the shipper had a 28' box trailer that was shorter than my truck.

A month latter, I received a letter from Freightcenter.com that they were charging my charge care an additional $310.65 due to reclassificaiton of my freight.  I called them an they stated that their contract give them the right to reclassify and chagre more and I have to pay the addidtional.  I explained that I would not have let them haul the tires if I had know the total cost.  They stated I had to pay.

I since contacted two other shipping companies and gave them the information and the reviesed shipping classification.  Both companies quoted less than the original shipping amount of $503.97.

I am stuck now paying double with the shipper not even delivering to my farm.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2013 08:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freight-Centercom/internet/Freight-Centercom-Cheated-by-fraud-Internet-997098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freight Center.com