Complaint Review: Freightcenter.com

• Reported By: al — Hansville Washington United States of America
Freightcenter.com
2049 welbilt blv'd trinity, Florida United States of America

Freightcenter.com bait & switch conspiracy with YRC freight trinity, Florida

I was quoted a rate of $322.09 for shipping a 170 pound HP printer from Washington state to Miami,Florida.  I built the shipping crate out of 3/8 plywood and packed it myself then loaded it into my minivan and delivered it to YRC in Everett, Wa. as Freightcenter had instructed.  The YRC men unloaded it with a fork-lift and took it inside their warehouse.  I asked them at that time to weigh it to verify my listing of  170 pounds was correct.  They told me it was OK and I signed the 5 page customer agreement and bill of lading.  I must admit I didn't read the 5 page agreement as I am 79 years old, the warehouse was not well lit the printing was VERY smal,  and I felt comfortable with the YRC employee's  "It's OK".

I paid the  $322.09  with my American Express card and left.  That was November 29, 2011.  On January 4, 2012 they automatically billed my Amex card an additional  $184.94  for,  what they called was an overweight and processing fee.   They told me that an independent company weighed the crate and verified the overweight.   It was not an independent,  it was YRC,  and they weighed it at their facility on November 30th,  the day after I dropped it off.   I believe  Freightcenter and YRC are co-conspirators in this bait and switch scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freightcentercom/trinity-Florida-34655/Freightcentercom-bait-switch-conspiracy-with-YRC-freight-trinity-Florida-848906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freightcenter.com