Complaint Review: Freightliner of Norcross GA

• Updated: Wed, June 27, 2012

• Reported By: A Customer — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Freightliner of Norcross GA
6536 Cresent Dr Norcross, Georgia United States of America

Freightliner of Norcross GA Peach State Truck Center That dealership lied about the vehicle they were selling! Norcross, Georgia

*Author of original report: Freightliner of Norcross GA ,Peach State Freightliner, Lied Trying To Make a Sale!!!

I called the freightliner dealership in Norcross GA for a quote for a 2500, 170 WHEEL BASE, HIGH ROOF, EXTENDED Sprinter Van.

JUAN MERCED, a sales person, gave me a price of $37500.00.

Out of about 10 dealerships I called that was the lowest price. Some of the other dealers told me it could not be that low and that JUAN MERCED was lying. I called JUAN MERCED again and asked if the price was for the model I asked. I repeated it twice - 2500, 170 WHEEL BASE, HIGH ROOF, EXTENDED. JUAN MERCED said yes, everything was correct. I asked JUAN MERCED for a credit application then and I wrote on top of it that same thing - 2500, 170 WHEEL BASE, HIGH ROOF, EXTENDED! So there can not be any problems WITH JUAN MERCED later. When JUAN MERCED got the credit application approved and we came to sign the paperwork and get the van JUAN MERCED had a different model on the lot. It was a crew van, not a cargo van we wanted. But JUAN MERCED said that extra seat could be taken out and the two extra windows did not matter to us. What mattered was that it was the same extended body size. JUAN MERCED reassured me for the 10th time that it had extended body. It was important to us. The difference is only about 14 inches in length and it is not really obvious.

When JUAN MERCED had the paperwork in front of us and we were about to sign it I saw a booklet about Sprinter Vans and it said that crew vans did not come with extended bodies. I asked JUAN MERCED about him insisting that his van was an extended version. He became really nervous and said he was going to give us our down payment back. We took the money and left.
Later I did some thinking about us being able to use a standard length van instead of extended. It was not as good but cost less money and I concluded it could work. At that point I called a few dealerships looking for the best price for a standard length van. I got one for $33900.00 It happened to be a Forest Park Freightliner. I told them I would buy it from them. Those two dealerships are owned by the same company and the price was for the same van. Norcross Freightliner refused to give up that van for us to buy at that lower price. They said that I was their customer and I had to buy it from them.

I called JUAN MERCED and asked him if he was trying to stop that sale. He said NO and started saying to me how not fair it was that I wanted to buy that van not from them because they spent so much time working with me. I asked to speak to his supervisor JIM THOMPSON. I asked JIM THOMPSON if he knew why we walked out the door that day. JIM THOMPSON said he did not know. I said we were about to sign the paperwork and buy that van and then we left and you never asked your sales person JUAN MERCED what happened? How much sense does that make for a Director of Sales? JIM THOMPSON asked if I was saying that he was a liar. I said YES! Then JIM THOMPSON hung up on me.

I think if you want to be lied to you can give JUAN MERCED a call, the number is 770 449 5300.

JIM THOMPSON, in my opinion, being the DIRECTOR OF SALES is going to back up what ever lie JUAN MERCED tells you.

We ended up buying from Forest Park.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2012 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freightliner-of-Norcross-GA/Norcross-Georgia-30071/Freightliner-of-Norcross-GA-Peach-State-Truck-Center-That-dealership-lied-about-the-vehicl-901534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freightliner of Norcross GA

AUTHOR: A Customer - (United States of America)

JUAN MERCED, a sales person, gave me a price of $37500.00

JIM THOMPSON, the DIRECTOR OF SALES, in my opinion being a liar himself is most likely to back up what ever lie JUAN MERCED tells you.

We ended up buying from Forest Park.