Complaint Review: Freightquote.com

• Submitted: Tue, November 20, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, February 12, 2008

• Reported By:Scottsdale Arizona
Freightquote.com
16025 West 113th St, Lenexa KS 66219 Lenexa, Kansas U.S.A.

Freightquote.com Uses threat of collection agency to extort more money than agreed to in quote after delivery. Lenexa Kansas

*Consumer Comment: I hope this helps

I used Bob Nielson with Freightquote because they were the preferred shipping method for a company that I bought furniture from. I paid the quoted price, but two weeks after delivery I received a message that they are charging me almost double the quote, and if I did not pay it, the account will be given to a collection agency and ruin my credit. I spoke with a representative of the company who said that his name was "Mr. Humsucker" (when I called back after hours his voicemail says Greg Humbecker), he admitted that the company I purchased the items from had never been contacted to confirm the shipping weight. He said I must pay-up or have the account sent to a collection agency. They seem to quote a price, change it after delivery, and then use the threat of a collection agency to extort more money. DO NOT USE FREIGHTQUOTE.COM

Matthew
Scottsdale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2007 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Freightquotecom/Lenexa-Kansas-66219/Freightquotecom-Uses-threat-of-collection-agency-to-extort-more-money-than-agreed-to-in-q-285749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Freightquote.com

I hope this helps

AUTHOR: Galvanize - (U.S.A.)

I am the Corporate Manager for a East coast wood working company. Freightquote.com is familiar with our shipping needs, and our abundance of carrier services that we take in. So, our value as a customer to Freightquote.com is more then important in aquisition. However after reading so many complaints about Freightquote, I decided that my company will never use there service. Integrity is when you do what is right not because you have to, but simply because you choose to.

I receive a phone call as often as once a week, asking us to change carrier services to Freightquote. I think you will be happy to hear that I refer them to your complaint as well as the many others. The lack of social and economical responsibility in America is deplorable and more importantly avoidable. My local brokers do a fine job with all of our shipments, and charge a fair rate. They also hear the people they are paid to work for.

Frieghtquote, I have started recording all of our conversations as aforementioned to your employee's when they call. We will never use your service, never listen to your excuses, and you will be reported if you keep harassing us. The legal amount of "don't call backs" is well out of reason. I hope that your leaders take a class in Ethics and learn about Corporate Integrity before you start your next buisness venture. Along that route maybe your company can still be saved. However, no matter what path you take, ours will never cross.