Complaint Review: Fremont Toyota Service

• Reported By: Shuu — Union City California
Fremont Toyota Service
5851 Cushing Pkwy Fremont, California USA

Fremont Toyota Service aka Toyota Service Service Neligence Fremont California

Four months ago, my engine block in my Prius was damaged and replaced by Fremont Toyota. It took several weeks to wait for the parts to arrive and have the technician repair the damages. Since it was a major repair, I expected the car to be in good working condition for some time.

Apparently NOT. Close to just FOUR months after the repair, my engine starts making a rattling sound and I made the mistake of bringing it back in to the same service department that could have caused this. After getting a second opinion from another shop, it turns out that the bolts for the engine mount were LOOSE. Untightened bolts were the cause of the rattling noise. If I didn't notice any sooner, I could have been driving with a loose engine in my car on the freeway.I shudder when I think what could have happened if I kept driving with a loose engine mount in my car.

The service department had the gall to tell me that it could be spark plugs and there was NO guarantee that it would help fix the noise. RIDICULOUS. They expected to charge me $500+ to replace another part when I obviously didn't need one? The engine block replacement already caused 12k worth of damages and it was due to their NELIGENCE that another problem occurred.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2014 08:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fremont-Toyota-Service/Fremont-California-94538/Fremont-Toyota-Service-aka-Toyota-Service-Service-Neligence-Fremont-California-1157837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fremont Toyota Service