Complaint Review: French River Muzzleloaders

• Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: EJ Peterson — St Cloud Minnesota United States of America
French River Muzzleloaders
French River Internet United States of America

French River Muzzleloaders Brent Gurtek Poor workmanship, By an individual pushing for bills to band other rifles to boost his business. French River, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: To E.J.

I bought a gun from Brent Gurtek in 2009. I've had multiple problems in which i told Mr Gurtek he replied it's my problem and he makes nothing but quality and he had tested it and it worked just fine. The third time firing there was a crack in the wood. The trigger has since broken. I'm out my money and Now i find out he is testifying in support of the largest civil rights infringement ever seen in Minnesota. He is supporting banning: All automatic weapons, wants to make you a FELON if you sell a gun to someone it gets stolen and they you it for a crime.

EJ-

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2013 09:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/French-River-Muzzleloaders/internet/French-River-Muzzleloaders-Brent-Gurtek-Poor-workmanship-By-an-individual-pushing-for-bil-1010130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on French River Muzzleloaders

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

To E.J.

AUTHOR: Brent Gurtek - (United States of America)

E.J.,

I am truly sorry to hear about your difficulty with the gun I made.  What is the serial number?  I'm willing to fix it, free of charge.  But I honestly do not recall hearing from you regarding the gun.  Please feel free to jog my less-than-perfect memory about our previous correspondence.  Did you buy the gun directly from me?  Also, regarding the gun law, Mn h.f. 241, that I commented upon at the house safety committee meeting;

a) it does not affect automatic weapons, only semi-auto,  b) my statements to the committee reflected my view concerning the physical features of assault-style weapons and how those features enhance their lethal effect in mass shooting situations c) any stolen gun provision within that bill is written so as to only catch gun traffickers and not bona fide victims of gun theft.

I stand by what I said regarding assault-style weapons features.  Anyway, give me a whistle & I'll see what can be done with your gun that I made.  That said, given the trouble you've had with it, and given my statements to the House Committee, I can certainly understand your somewhat less than cordial feelings toward me & my shop.  They are entirely reasonable.  But once again, sorry for the problems.  Brent Gurtek, 1(218)525-7573 and bgurtek@gmail.com.