Complaint Review: Fresh Start AKA Freedom Resources

• Submitted: Fri, October 25, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, October 25, 2002

• Reported By:Los Angeles CA
Fresh Start AKA Freedom Resources
1025 Rose Creek Dr Woodstock, Georgia U.S.A.

Fresh Start aka Freedom Resources stole 221.95 from my account and never delivered as promised Woodstock Georgia

*0:

Here is the sequence of events:

September 6, 2002. I get an unsolicited call from a sales representative from a company called Fresh Start indicating that I have been approved for an unsecured Mastercard with a $2,500 limit. They stated that a lifetime (one time only) membership charge of $ 221.95 would be deducted from my checking account on September 24. I initially objected to this but they told me it only would take 10 to 15 business days to get the Master Card delivered and that I should have it by the date membership fee is applied.

September 24, 2002.(12 business days later) The $221.95 are deducted from my account but still, I have not received the MasterCard.

September 30, 2002.(16 business days later) I dial the 1-678-239-0133 number to verify the status of the mastercard and they tell me that the shipping takes 15 to 21 business days instead of the 10-15 days originally indicated.

October 8, 2002 (22 business days later) I call again to verify the status of my order and they indicate me that I was misinformed and that the 15-21 business days delivery period started when the membership fee was applied (Sept 24)

October 23, 2002 (21 business days after Sept 24 including Columbus Day) Still no Mastercard. I called again telling them that the 21 business days were due and guess what: they told me that because of "unexpected shipping delays" they were running behind schedule on their deliveries and that my order has not been shipped yet. They told me to wait another week. My patience ran out and asked for a refund. They told me that to get a refund I had to mail back the Mastercard to them upon receipt.

The question is: how the hell I can mail back something that I may never receive? I got frustrated, slammed the phone,went to my bank and filed an ACH complaint. The banker told me that they were going to try to get the money back for me. Let's see how it goes.

I have been aware of the existence of this website for sometime and while I was reading the scam reports for Freedom Resources/Lenox Capitol two numbers called my attention $ 221.95 and 678-239-0133. So watch out, LENOX CAPITAL INC (LCI)/ FREEDOM RESOURCES also operates under the alias name of FRESH START

Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2002 03:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fresh-Start-AKA-Freedom-Resources/Woodstock-Georgia/Fresh-Start-aka-Freedom-Resources-stole-22195-from-my-account-and-never-delivered-as-prom-33387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fresh Start AKA Freedom Resources

#1 0

November 1, 2002 My bank reimbursed my 221.95 after filing an ACH complaint.
I also filed a complaint with the FTC. If everybody does the same the FTC may take some action. Those bastards have to go down.

#2 0