Complaint Review: Fresh start aka Freedom resources

• Submitted: Mon, November 04, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, November 04, 2002

• Reported By:Salisbury md
Fresh start aka Freedom resources
unknown Woodstock, Georgia U.S.A.

Fresh start aka Freedom resources Dirty rotten ripoff thieves Woodstock Georgia

I recieved a call on october 31st from a woman named "kelly" who spoke very fast about a bank called Fresh star. I wasn't really paying much attention and was about to say "no thanks" and hang up but then i herd "credit limit of 2500" All she needed was $221.95 and i was like ok and i continued the process... she put me on the phone with a "comfromation center rep." and then gave me a tracking number and a draft date of Novebmer 22nd.

From the time i hung up the phone until this date that conversation was on my mind i was thinking what if this is a scam... so I decided to look up some information on the web about the bank.. the more i thought about it the dumber I felt .. because i asked her to mail me some info on the bank and its policys and she was like.."well we only do service through the phone..." and gave me the run around saying that shes trying to "help me" she kept on saying that...

I guess she could tell my age by the way our conversation went and i fell for the scam (I'm only 18 and all I could think about was the christmas shopping i was going to do)Anyway I'm so glad I found this site only 3 days after that call!

I put a stop payment on the check and I'm going to the bank tomorrow to see what else i can do to prevent any money taken out by that scam... And hopefully not get in trouble with my parents for trying to get a credit card in the first place!

Juanita
salisbury, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2002 12:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fresh-start-aka-Freedom-resources/Woodstock-Georgia/Fresh-start-aka-Freedom-resources-Dirty-rotten-ripoff-thieves-Woodstock-Georgia-34138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fresh start aka Freedom resources