- Report: #117706
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Friend Finder Network, Alt.com, AdultFriendFinder.com, Passion.com, Xmatch.com
Friend Finder Network, Alt.com, AdultFriendFinder.com, Passion.com, Xmatch.com445 Sherman Ave Palo Alto, California U.S.A.
Friend Finder Network, Alt.com, AdultFriendFinder.com, Passion.com, Xmatch.com, Illegal Scam Operation Rips Off Millions of Consumers through their Deceptive Fraud Palo Alto California
*Consumer Comment: Tell us something we don't know... or at least some of us...
1. Engage affiliates to bring them traffic. After a short honeymoon period where everyone makes money, AFF starts to slowly begins to rip them off. The more traffic they send, the more they rip them off. It's all in the tracking systems. I know, I helped write them.
2. When new people sign up, fake profiles run by their customer service department email the guys until they sign up for a paid membership. Then, amateur porn stars promoting their own web sites, prostitutes, and the like are used to make sure you stay on longer and keep recurring (billed monthly).
3. After you request to cancel, a couple of the customer service people may try to "save the sale" and begin emails with you again. This is fairly automated. All Andrew's ideas.
4. Once you do cancel, your email address and all your personal information is sold to the highest bidder, or usually, all the bidders, to use as they may.
5. Profiles are NEVER removed and your email address is constantly used to cross promote Andrew's other sites like Dine.com and GradFinder.com.
6. From time-to-time, Andrew wakes up in the morning and feels that he's not filthy rich enough for that day. At that point he instructs the technology people (of whom he personally supervises) and tells them to do god awful things ranging from billing peoples cards that may have cancelled months ago or send out massive amounts of spam through his spammer friends like Westby (before he was arrested on the first criminal spam charges last month).
7. You may also realize that some people may putt heir profile on good-clean friend finder as a 30 year old single mom looking for a jogging partner and she shows up on Alt.com as a 30 year old mistress looking for a submissive slave with the same picture! Does anyone else see anything wrong with that?!?!
I worked for Friend Finder Inc. for years and am soooo happy to be out of there. I had many morale objections to the operations of their company. Andrew is evil and pompous. He laughs in the face of the legal structure including the state of California, the FTC, and the US Attorneys office and it seems like they cannot do anything to stop this deplorable excuse for a human being.
for more information on andrew, goto www.conru.com
FormerAFF - Las Vegas, Nevada
New York, New York
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2004 06:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Friend-Finder-Network-Altcom-AdultFriendFindercom-Passioncom-Xmatchcom/Palo-Alto-California-94306/Friend-Finder-Network-Altcom-AdultFriendFindercom-Passioncom-Xmatchcom-Illegal-Sc-117706. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.