Complaint Review: Friend Finder

• Submitted: Sat, October 09, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, October 09, 2010

• Reported By: EndlessGrowthEconomicsDoom — San Diego California United States of America
Friend Finder
220 Humboldt Court, Sunnyvale, CA 94089 Internet United States of America

Friend Finder Various Inc. FriendFinder charged my credit card without my knowledge. Internet

I have been charged $18.99 by FriendFinder.com. I have never done business with this company or any of its affiliates.  This is an unauthorized charge to my credit card.

It was charged today, and I saw it this morning on my online statement. My bank called me with a fraud alert so obviously something is known about this company already doing this kind of thing.

I emailed FriendFinder/Various Inc this morning and told them that I did not make this transaction and they need to remove/refund it.  They did promptly respond, but they wanted to know my profile name, account number, and MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER(again?).  I replied, duh, I DIDN'T MAKE THIS TRANSACTION.

They have my name, the transaction date, and the last 4 digits of my card number- that is all they need to find this transaction and remove it.

Curiously, FriendFinder has an office in Chatsworth, CA, which is right next to Oxnard, CA. Last week I stayed at a hotel in Oxnard (Comfort Inn Channel Islands). This hotel uses (against federal law) paper credit card receipts that show the entire CC number. I even notified the clerk that this was an illegal practice. And 1 week later I have a charge on my card from the same town...hmm?  Might not be such a difficult thing to make a connection between workers at Comfort Inn and at FriendFinder....

Report all fraud such as this to the police in the perpetrators city of business so it can be investigated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2010 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Friend-Finder/internet/Friend-Finder-Various-Inc-FriendFinder-charged-my-credit-card-without-my-knowledge-Inter-649244. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Friend Finder