Complaint Review: Friendly Animal Hospital

• Submitted: Wed, December 30, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, December 30, 2009

• Reported By: Robert — Huntington Beach California U.S.A.
Friendly Animal Hospital
6832 Edinger Ave. Huntington Beach, CA 92647 Internet United States of America

Friendly Animal Hospital Dr. Tran Please Be CAREFUL TAKING YOUR ANIMAL HERE IT MAY RESULT IN DEATH !!! Internet

On December 22nd 2009 i had a grooming appointment for my beloved dog bentley. I usually have him groomed at petsmart. However my finance found a new vet Friendly animal hospital. There was a coupon in the penny saver it was 40 dollars cheaper then petsmart so we wanted to try them out. I got off work went home picked up my dog and arrived at the hospital at 415pm pacific standard time.

Bentley was new to this hospital so i had to file some paperwork. While waiting in the lobby some children were playing with bentley. This is not unsual bentley loves children as well as people. Bentley was adopted from the humane society on November 22 2008. He was the dog of the month for several months. And everyone who ever encoutered bentley loved him. Petsmarts records indicate that he was a very friendly dog as well.

After the paperwork was complete, I was asked to walk Bentley into the back and place him in the cage. [continued below]....

..... This did not feel normal usually petsmart walks him into the back. Being young i just looked at this as a different company different procedure.

Ten minutes later i arrived home as i pulled into my driveway i recived a phone call from friendly animal hospital. The vet tech was very dramatic and says that Bentley was being aggressive and i needed to come back right now.

When i arrived Stepanie the groomer who check bentley into this facility had a very small band aid on her nose. She then cliamed my dog bit her in the face. At this point i was very skeptical because Bentley is a pitbull and he does not bite nor does he even bark. And if this is accurate it would not be a little scratch that looks like it was done by a fingernail. There would be severe wounds.

Before i could get into that. They told me my dog got out of the facility. He somehow made it through Four doors out into the lobby the outside. I ran out to my car and started to look for my dog. i was driving through the neighborhoods in the area and could not find him. A good year tire man found him five minutes later dead in the street he was hit by a car.

Animal control was at the scence the took him back to friendly animal hospital. My finance arrived just seconds later devastated. (this was like her child). He then told my finance that he was going to be put to sleep anyways. And that his head needed to be cut off to check for rabies. How could someone say that to a family in this situation. WE LOVED OUR DOG. He was not considered property to us he was family.

Friendly animal hospital is not very friendly when it comes to covering their mistakes. I am filing a suit against this company for neglect and wrongful death. They will be punished. If you are trained professionals you need to be able to handle a dog in any situation even if he was agressive. Which everyone is completely sure he was not. They will not provide us with the medical records or video they have in thier faclity. Simply becuase they know that my dog did not bite this lady. Besides that fact if you are in fear of an animal are you supposed to mussel him?? not let him get out of your facility and killed. Please animal lovers do not make the same mistakes i did. Or you will go to bed every night wishing you took him to petsmart.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2009 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Friendly-Animal-Hospital/internet/Friendly-Animal-Hospital-Dr-Tran-Please-Be-CAREFUL-TAKING-YOUR-ANIMAL-HERE-IT-MAY-RESUL-547423. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Friendly Animal Hospital