Complaint Review: Friendly Finance

• Updated: Sat, October 27, 2012

• Reported By: Lori — Evasnville Wisconsin United States of America
Friendly Finance
6340 Security Blvd Suite 200 Baltimore, Maryland United States of America

Friendly Finance Company has been adding late fees when I have been on time with my payments. Baltimore, Maryland

*Consumer Comment: afool by any other name is hgit

*General Comment: FInancing Vehicles is a FOOL'S GAME.. DON'T DO IT!!!

I purchased a car in March financed by Friendly Financial.  I have made all my payments on time.  It shows that way on my credit report.  They have been charging me late fees and have raised my monthly payments without notice.  I have tried to get answers and have been told I am late on my payments.  I have gone over every payment with them and they all show I was not late.  They refuse to credit anything back.

My car is worth $11,000 and I owe over $16,300 on it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2012 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Friendly-Finance/Baltimore-Maryland-21207/Friendly-Finance-Company-has-been-adding-late-fees-when-I-have-been-on-time-with-my-payme-960500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Friendly Finance

afool by any other name is hgit

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

must rebuttt     must rebuttt     must rebuttt     must rebuttt     must rebuttt

#2 General Comment

FInancing Vehicles is a FOOL'S GAME.. DON'T DO IT!!!

AUTHOR: HGIT - (United States of America)

These vehicle salesmen are aggressive and pushy for a reason. It is an unbelievable ripoff if you don't get your vehicle financed through a credit union or bank and you pretty much need perfect credit for that. I am so happy I buy all of my cars USED and pay CASH for them. My last car, a Honda Civic, I bought three years ago for $900 dollars and I still drive it today!

The reason I said financing cars is a fool's game is because these dealerships buy the cars for less than a fraction of what they sell them for. They are also good at playing with the numbers. They are not honest. For instance if they pay $1,500 dollars for a car from a Dealers auction they will turn around and want someone to put $1000 to $1500 down and put you on $400 dollar monthly payments for three years. They make four or five times back what the car is worth.

Stay away from Financing vehicles. Also, file a complaint with your state's attorney general, the CFPB (Google it) and the BBB. They will get to the Bottom of it. If you don't file formal complaints nothing will change.