Complaint Review: Friendly Ford

• Submitted: Thu, August 05, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, August 05, 2004

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
Friendly Ford
660 N. Decatur Blvd. Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Friendly Ford stole my car off of me by force for a price that I do not approve. Rip-off! Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Suggestion: Write Or Call Your State Senator Or Congressmen

Went to Friendly Ford to trade in my old 1991 Ford Ranger on a new 2004 Ranger on July 1, 2004. Made a deal on the new truck and left with it that night. A few days later they called me to come back in and sign a new contract. My original financing had been voided out and I was going to get a new contract with higher financing. My payment went up $35 a month but I did not mind due to my poor credit score. They only gave me $300 on my truck but that was OK with me. I had driven it over 13 years.

After I got the second financial contract they called me back about a week later saying it had been nixed as well. They said they would fight for me with Household Financial to get the contract reinstated. All the while I'm still driving the new truck. Finally the deal with Household had officially fallen through. I was instructed to bring back my new Ranger and my old Ranger would be returned to me. On July 27 after nearly a month and nearly 1,000 miles driven I returned my new Ranger to Friendly Ford.

When I got their they gladly accepted their new Ranger back but they did not have my Ranger anymore. They said they had sold it. They were forcing me to take money for a truck that I had never intended to sell for $300. I would have never taken that money had I not had a new ride to replace it. I demanded they give me back my truck since I gave them back their truck. They said they had sold it to a Mexican auctioneer and my truck was now in Mexico. They told me I can't have my truck back.

I now have no money, no truck and no transportation. They treated horribly plus I had to register the truck for $285 to DMV for a year that I'll never be able to use. I'm sure they got more for my truck but offer me nothing. To date, I have received no money and I have a set of license plates at home that I paid for and will never use. I think they should give me a lot more that just $300 plus the $285 I used to register my truck. They said they don't have to pay me anything. What a rip off! I now have to take the bus everywhere and I live in this city alone. I have no family and now I have no transportation.

Tracy
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2004 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Friendly-Ford/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89107/Friendly-Ford-stole-my-car-off-of-me-by-force-for-a-price-that-I-do-not-approve-Rip-off-102266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Friendly Ford

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Write Or Call Your State Senator Or Congressmen

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

I read these posts now and then about how people trade-in a vehicle, the deal doesn't go through and the car dealer has already sold their trade-in. I believe that one deal ought to be connected to the other. If one doesn't go through then the other shouldn't either. That way folks like Tracy aren't left in the situation they are in. The only way we will get a change is to pressure the politicians.