Complaint Review: Friesen Press

• Updated: Fri, July 11, 2014

• Reported By: burgj — Toronto Ontario
Friesen Press
Nationwide USA

Friesen Press Friesen Press Self-Publishing company in BC, Canada. Scaming and fleecing. Victoria, British Columbia, Canada Nationwide

I bought a package from Friesen Press to publish my novel. I paid in full. As per the agreement, there must be two editorial reviews.

They did the first editorial review, so unproffessional and low standard that I was surprised. I escalated this matter to their manager. They gave me the 'best editor'. The second review came with no errors removed and 140+ errors were added to the manuscript. I talked to the A/c Manager Ashley, she said, "Everything is done correctly, this is the way we are going to publish your book."

They hurt my feeling and my dream was shattered. A different ugly, crooked world opened up to me.

I escalated again. They said they found out an amicable solution: I must pay 1484.00 to remove all the errors in addition to how much I had paid around 3200.00

I said, "It is a rip off and a scamming. I should bring a criminal charge against FriesenPress."

They terminated my contract and returned only 300.00.

Then I complained to British Columbia Better Business Bureau and I found out that is another typical racist Canadian company. Why? Because the BBB reported and gave the verdict to Friesen Press first becasue Friesen Press is their member.

They gave me the verdict a month after only when I requested them, whic is simply outrageous. Reason: I submitted too many emails to prove my case against Friesen Press.

And good customer service, respect? As a non-white Muslim immigrant, I don't deserve that in Canada.

I wish I didn't publish my book. Self-publishing has become a curse.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2014 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Friesen-Press/nationwide/Friesen-Press-Friesen-Press-Self-Publishing-company-in-BC-Canada-Scaming-and-fleecing-1161326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Friesen Press