Complaint Review: Frigidaire Electrolux

• Updated: Mon, July 14, 2008

• Reported By:Spokane Washington
Frigidaire Electrolux
electrolux.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Frigidaire Electrolux Frigidaire Refrigerater should not be a disposable item. Only 14 months and dead already. Spokane Washington

*UPDATE Employee: Discuss Issue

My Frigidaire refrigerator needs a new $400 compressor. It is 14 months old. The warranty for the sealed system is 12 months.

Refrigeraters should NOT be a disposable item.
The company, Electrolux, is non-responsive. I have e-mailed twice with no response and called three seperate times. They told me they would get back to me in 48 to 72 hours. That was over a week ago.

This is a faulty product. I should not have to replace an appliance every year.

After some simple checking on the web, I find I am only one of many ripped off customers with Frigidaire appliances whose compressors have failed. I
just want my new fridge fixed. I don't expect they'll replace the

hundreds of dollars of food spoiled, (it went out while I was out of town for 5 days over Christmas), or the $65 paid to the repairman. I just want what's right and fair. I want it fixed or get this hunk of junk out of my kitchen!

Wish I would have kept the ugly 1970's harvest gold one I had. At least it worked!

Kristi
Spokane, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2008 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frigidaire-Electrolux/nationwide/Frigidaire-Electrolux-Frigidaire-Refrigerater-should-not-be-a-disposable-item-Only-14-m-299930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frigidaire Electrolux

Discuss Issue

AUTHOR: Chris Polk - (U.S.A.)

I am contacting you on behalf of Electrolux Major Appliances in relation to your posting on Ripoffreport.com. I would like to apologize for the difficulty you have had with your appliance. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you, so that I can personally look in to this matter in order to do so, please send me your contact information and the best time to contact you. I would also need your model and serial number and a file number, if available, so that I can research this matter.

Again, I regret the disappointment with your appliance and look forward to resolving this issue with you.

Sincerely