Complaint Review: Front Sight Firearms Training Institute

• Submitted: Tue, September 25, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, September 25, 2012

• Reported By: Nurse4evermore — Fenton Missouri United States of America
Front Sight Firearms Training Institute

Front Sight Firearms Training Institute Dr Ignatius Piazza Chiropractors Gun Training Company is Scamming Consumers with gimmicks that keep you paying Internet

*Consumer Comment: Great training - Clear program

*General Comment: Great Training

Buyer Beware of Frontsight Scams: The company is opwned by a Chirpopracter who learned his scams really well. They get you on theri mailing list and offer you lifetime memberships to many different gun use workshops. They offer you the ability to take theri courses forever as long as you call and schedule in advance. What they do not tell you is that they will also charge you each year for a background check. They inflate the cost of this criminal background check and they have you paying them money for life. They conveinantly leave this fact out of all their sales pitches for their lifetime memberships. It is nothing moire than a giant scam run by a bigtime scam artist. Beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2012 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Front-Sight-Firearms-Training-Institute/internet/Front-Sight-Firearms-Training-Institute-Dr-Ignatius-Piazza-Chiropractors-Gun-Training-Comp-946361. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Front Sight Firearms Training Institute

Great training - Clear program

AUTHOR: jskp229 - ()

I have been a member for a about 4 years.   The program requirements and costs are clearly disclosed up front.  The only costs you have is a background check in the year you take any classes.    At $50, this is a minimal cost to keep the bad guys from accessing some very good training.

If you don't take a class in any given year, there are no charges to you for anything.   Depending on how you acquired your membership, he issues credits that can be used toward this fee.   I received enough to pay my fee for over ten years of classes.

He is an aggressive marketeer.  Wiill he try to upsell you - yes, but they provide mechinisms to opt out of any contact, email or phone - just follow the instructions.   The choice is yours, but frequently he has oppotunities to expand on what you purchased depending on your initial level.  Again, it is your choice to participate or not.

With respect to the training, I have trained at mutliple centers across the country and with multiple luminaries, this is equal to or exceeds most out there.  I would highly recommend this facility, and have to multiple friends and family members.    In fact I have given memberships to at over ten friends and family over the last two years.   We will be bringing a group of about 40 friends and family to Front Sight later this year.

In summary, great training, no surprises if you really listen.    I would recommend them to anyone that takes carrying a firearm as a serious responsibility and wants to be the best they can.

#2 General Comment

Great Training

AUTHOR: Steven J - ()

I have paid the same $50 background check every year I attend a course at Front Sight.  That was clearly explained in every membership I considered.  It only has to be paid if one takes a course that year.  So in the many years I've been a member, I've only paid that fee when I attended a course.  I've bunched my courses into one year.  So I paid for only one background check, then took several courses that year.

A background check is important as life changes could prevent one from being qualified to carry a weapon.  In Texas, if one has a domestic violence conviction, that prevents them from getting or keeping their CHL in Texas.  So things change, and Front Sight is a responsible organization that only trains those that are qualified to carry a weapon.

I paid cash for my memberships so I had no interst.  I just paid what was the agreed charge for the membership, then only $50 for the years in which I take a course.  That fee has never risen for me.

They have the best training I've ever experienced.