Complaint Review: Frontier Airlines

• Updated: Sun, May 06, 2007

• Reported By:Girard Ohio
Frontier Airlines
frontierairlines.com/frontier/home.do Nationwide U.S.A.

Frontier Airlines Early Returns Capacity controll prevents miles from being used Misleading, scam, useless Airports Across The U.S. United states

*Consumer Comment: This is why I do not have any "Awards" credit cards etc.

Frontier Airlines has a great program where you can get a free flight with only 15,000 miles saved up on your account. I fall for the hype and accumulate miles. I finally have enough for a family vacation. We plan and plan and save and save. The big day comes when all the plans are coming together and it is time to book the flights. The beach house has been rented. Family from across the country schedule to meet. We go to book the flight. Can't do it on the days we want. No problem, let's try other days. Nope...can't do that either. I keep checking days. No seats available unless I want to pay full price for them. I call customer service thinking that maybe something is wrong with the web site. Nope. Nothing wrong. Can't fly with your frequent flier miles. I go back to the web site and keep checking days.

I go through the entire summer. I fimally find a day that we can fly out. September 11. Wide open on September 11. The only problem is that I either have to come back on the same day or wait until the end of October for the next available day. I did this in April. I was trying to fly in June. You would think that would be enough time to book something. Turns out, there isn't enough time. It is a big gimmick.

I hate Frontier Airlines now. I liked them so much before. When I thought they liked me. When they didn't make me feel stupid. When they didn't make me feel ripped off. When they didn't make me be the one that couldn't join the family on vacation.

Dwayne
Girard, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2007 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frontier-Airlines/nationwide/Frontier-Airlines-Early-Returns-Capacity-controll-prevents-miles-from-being-used-Misleadin-247175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frontier Airlines

This is why I do not have any "Awards" credit cards etc.

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

Consumer Reports had an article awhile back (the CR magazine or CR Money Advisor). CR related problems that readers had trying to redeem their mileage awards.

Me? I use a Credit Union CC with a CASH 1% rebate award on my total purchases that is paid into my credit union account, every month. Money never expires. I also would get 10% of any finance charges rebated if I had any finance charges.