Complaint Review: Frontier Airlines

• Updated: Tue, June 10, 2014

• Reported By: mango7777 — Lees Summit Missouri
Frontier Airlines
Nationwide USA

Frontier Airlines Starting a class action lawsuit for Frontier not allowing me to board the plane Utah

*Author of original report: Frontier Caved

I arrived at Salt Lake City airport to fly to Kansas City, Missouri, parked in the economy lot, waited about 10 minutes for the bus to go to the terminal. I arrived at the terminal at 4:13 PM, entered my credit card in the kiosk to get my ticket.  An employee behind the counter stated I could not board the plane because the "flight was closed", The flight was to leave at 4:55 and I was not there 45 minutes before boarding so I could not get ont the flight, handed me a card with frontiers web and phone number and left. There was no one behind the counter any longer. I called the number on the card, livid.  There were about 6 other people attempting to call at the same time.  I was put on hold, with a response time of 57 minutes. By the time they answered the flight would be gone.  It was not about 4:28 PM.  I walked to the next counter U. S. Air, asked for a ticked to Kansas City, about 4 minutes later I had a ticket for a flight to KC that was boarding in 10 minutes.  I went through security, had a baggage check which delayed me about 5 minutes, arrived at the US Air gate WHICH was right accross from the frontier gate 10 minutes before the frontier flight started to board.

If I had printed the boarding pass at home I would have been on the flight, so this arbitrary cut off is crap.

FRONTIER WOULD NOT REFUND MY MONEY stating that I was a no show.  If this has happened to you contact me at (((REDACTED))) @excite.com .  I plan to start a class action lawsuit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2014 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frontier-Airlines/nationwide/Frontier-Airlines-Starting-a-class-action-lawsuit-for-Frontier-not-allowing-me-to-board-t-1153631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frontier Airlines

Frontier Caved

AUTHOR: mango7777 - ()

After I filed a complaint with the Department of Transportation (Included emails from frontier) amazingly enough it became a "mistake".  I now have to electronic travel vouchers to cover the cost of the next flight (the total cost of the original flight).

I am still going to talk to my lawyer about a class action suite for all those that did not get their money back.

So if you have a similar problem FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION.