Complaint Review: Frontier Communications Corporation

• Updated: Mon, January 30, 2012

• Reported By: David — Valparaiso Indiana United States of America
Frontier Communications Corporation
3 High Ridge Park, Stamford, Connecticut United States of America

Frontier Communications Corporation Phone service for December 2011-January 2012 has been out more than in sericve Stamford, Connecticut

Ever since Frontier Communications installed our wireless internet in December 2011 we have had nothing but trouble with our phone service.  During those months the phone worked 7 days out of the 60 days of service.  The phone and internet quit working three days after it was installed.  When we called them about it I was told that it would take 6-7 days to get someone to put it back in service.

We waited on the appointed day and no one arrived.  I contacted them and they didn't understand why he didn't show up.  They came the next day and fixed the line in minutes and left.  Then approx. 3 days later it went out again.    Again I was told how sorry they were and it would take 6-7 days for someone to come out.  I explained to them that I had a medical problem that required that I have a phone and they said they would see if they could hurry up the repair...they arrived 7 days later...it took them 5 minutes to find out it was a switching problem and they went to the switching building near our home and threw the proper switch according to the service tech.  He was not made aware of my medical problems, nor the fact that the phone number his supervisors had provided him was the one that was out and he couldn't contact us ahead of time although our cell phone number was provided to frontier before hand more than once.  The service lasted almost a week and then went out again. We were told there would be a 6-7 wait.  Again they were informed of my medical condition, given my cell phone number and my wife's work number as well.  After complaining to so called supervisors within Frontier, being hung up on, disconnected in the presences of others who were in the room with me I finally contacted the Indiana Utility Commission and they contacted Frontier.  Then this week Jaunuary 27, 2012 the same service tech came to the door unannounced as usual because once again he had not been given my cell phone number.  In approx. 15 minutes went by and he located the problem.  The phone box approx. 506 feet south according to him was damaged months ago when the local electrical company put in a new electrical pole.  He had reported this to his supervisors many times to no avail. I am waiting for the service to go out once again since all he could do was wrap the box in black plastic.  This box serves the local area business and homes alike and no one seems to care at Frontier.  I am told that I must pay the penalty fees none the less since I just signed on to them which amount to hundreds of dollars, thanks Frontier for you kind way you treat your customers!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2012 07:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frontier-Communications-Corporation/Stamford-Connecticut-06902/Frontier-Communications-Corporation-Phone-service-for-December-2011-January-2012-has-been-831026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frontier Communications Corporation