Complaint Review: Frontier Communications

• Submitted: Tue, February 12, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, February 12, 2013

• Reported By: TakinOneForTheTeam — Coopersville Michigan United States of America
Frontier Communications

Frontier Communications An old classic- the bait and switch! Internet

I contacted dish network in December to set up television and Internet. I was informed that I could bundle services with dish and that I would also receive an apple gift card worth $300. As I was told, this offer was not contingent on being locked into a contract and there were no installation fees. In fact I was told that my services with frontier were month-to-month. We decided to set up telephone and Internet with frontier to save more money with dish.

Our installation was delayed by a couple of days, so I couldn't be present while the technician hooked up our services outside. After the installation, I received our first bill and was upset by what I read. I was charged for over $120 in fees for installation, etc. How ridiculous! I called frontier and was told that our services were contracted for two years and that if I cancelled I would have to pay a fee of more than $200. Wow, this is a far cry from a no hassle trial of the product.

We have had frontier set for over a month and a half and have yet to have it work properly. The Internet would not connect with my wireless printer and also would not allow any computer or iPad to stay connected to the Internet for more than ten minutes at a time.

I called frontier again to try and resolve my issue. I was placed on hold for thirty minutes and then never picked back up. I eventually gave up. The next day i talked to a customer service rep, amy. She seemed to be able to fix everything for me. When I hung up with her, I was so relieved.

When I called them back to cancel after troubleshooting the issues and jumping through hoops, another customer service rep told me that they could not help me as Amy promised and that I would have to pay a cancellation fee. Back to square one! So, so frustrated!

This company is terrible and I will never work with them again!

-Takin One For The Team

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2013 09:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frontier-Communications/internet/Frontier-Communications-An-old-classic-the-bait-and-switch-Internet-1013291. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frontier Communications