Complaint Review: Frontier Internet Service

• Updated: Mon, August 11, 2014

• Reported By: CRM — Ely Minnesota
Frontier Internet Service
Nationwide USA

Frontier Internet Service overcharge, screwed, unreliable, unbelievable, false advertising Ely, Minnesota Nationwide

I have been paying $66 per month for internet and phone service from Frontier. At the time that I signed up for their service they told me this was the best deal available. I didn't need the land line but since they told me this was their best deal I believed them.

My friend (who had lived in my house and knew what I had for internet setup) told me when she signed up for internet she was paying $29 per month with no contact.

I called Frontier to ask how much they are willing to take off my bill and to discontinue the phone service but keep the internet. They told me the best they could give me was $49 per month. When I started to get upset and stated I have been a loyal paying customer for two years he stated the best he could do was a special rate of $45 for my circumstance.

I then quoted the $35 rate they advertise on their internet page and asked to get at least this rate and he stated this was only for new customers although it doesn't say that on the website where it is advertised and I was never given anything near that deal when I was a new customer.

All of this is after I have paid on time, every month, over twenty dollars more than the service I used, for two years. When I told him this was not good enough he asked me why I hadn't called every several months to make sure I was getting the best deal. It was clearly to much to ask to think they would offer fair rates year round or offer me a break now that I am calling.

They are an unreliable provider that left me without internet several times (and they never have to answer for that, of course) who wants nothing more than your money. Take your money to somebody who values your patronage instead of pads their wallet! I hear Midcontinent values their loyal customers more and I'm willing to pay them more just to not give my money to Frontier.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2014 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frontier-Internet-Service/nationwide/Frontier-Internet-Service-overcharge-screwed-unreliable-unbelievable-false-advertisin-1168966. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frontier Internet Service