Complaint Review: Frys Electrinics/First Electronic Bank

• Updated: Sat, February 12, 2011

• Reported By: Deb — Riverside California United States of America
Frys Electrinics/First Electronic Bank
3370 East La Palma Ave Anaheim, California United States of America

Frys Electrinics/First Electronic Bank I-Pad pre-registered by Apple, but sold as new Anaheim, California

*Consumer Comment: At Least Proofread Your Bogus Complaint!

I purchased an I-Pad on Dec. 28 2010. When I went to sign up for the extended warrantee the people at Apple told me that I was just in time because my warrantee was going to expire in three days. I said "what?" I just bought it on Dec. 28 2010. He told me no that the product had been registered on Oct. 4 2010. He said that stores not authorized by Apple will get returns and sell them as new. There was nothing they could do about it, so I lost 3 mths. Off my warrantee When I called Frys and asked to sleek to the manager. I complained that nowhere in my paperwork was I warned that this Item was not new and also no one verbally told me. He assured me that they did not sell used products. I asked him how then does this serial # show up as having been registerred on 10-4-2010? He finally told me that if I wanted to bring it back to the store he would give me another one. By this point Ihad already paid for an extended warrantee, plus I had bought applications, music, games, entered e-mail addresses etc... So I told him to forget it, not to mention that it would mean more than an hours drive 1 way. Be Careful!!! I personally will never do buisness there ever again.

ALso watch out, do not get their credit card at First Electronic Bank in Utah. When I received my first bill on Jan. 8 2011 I immediately got a cashiers check and put it out in the mail box for Mon. 1-10-2011 mail. Now it's Feb. 11-12 / 2011 and I have received a bill showing no payment, plus late fees, plus interest, plus the minimum payment from Jan. 2011. I checked with my bank and the check was cashed on 2-3-2011. First Electronic Bank denies receiving or cashing the check or cashing one. they want me to prove with copies that they cashed it. So now I have had to pay $2 to mail me a copy and to fax the proof to them. Will have to wait and see if this mess gets resolved. Just so you know I did cancel the card 2-11-20011. My suggestion is avoid headaches, do not buy from Frys or get their credit card from First Electronic Bank in Draper Utah.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2011 02:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frys-ElectrinicsFirst-Electronic-Bank/Anaheim-California-92806/Frys-ElectrinicsFirst-Electronic-Bank-I-Pad-pre-registered-by-Apple-but-sold-as-new-Ana-694442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frys Electrinics/First Electronic Bank

At Least Proofread Your Bogus Complaint!

AUTHOR: Jacob - (USA)

I used to work at Fry's, and their treatment of their employees is shockingly bad. Their human rights abuses alone are more than enough reason to never shop there.

However, having said that, it couldn't be more obvious that this complaint is a complete fabrication.

The biggest hole in your story is that the "warrantee" (sic) on a new iPad is one year, not 90 days. The phone support is limited to 90 days, but you specifically stated that you were talking about the warranty.

But besides that, you should've shown Apple your receipt to prove your purchase date.

And besides that, the fact that it was registered with Apple doesn't mean it was used. Stores always get full lists of serial numbers whenever they receive a shipment of products.

And besides that, it is easy to transfer apps and data from one iPad to another - in fact it is almost completely automatic.

Since the person to whom you decided to "sleek" (sic) offered to exchange the iPad, you have absolutely nothing to complain about. It's not their fault you decided to buy at a store that is inconveniently located for you, and you were already on notice that there was a problem when you purchased the extended warranty for the unit.

dollar