Complaint Review: Fry's Electronics, Arlington TX

• Updated: Wed, January 06, 2010

• Reported By: DFWguy — Irving Texas United States of America
Fry's Electronics, Arlington TX
102 East I-20 Arlington, Texas United States of America

Fry's Electronics, Arlington TX Christine Bullard, Scott Shapiro "Fraudulent Return Practices" Arlington, Texas

I purchased a LG 50PS80 TV @ 10AM on 1/1/2010 for my girlfriend as a birthday present from Fry's Electronics in Arlington TX. The product was brand new still with manufacturer packing straps on it. A Fry's associate loaded it in my truck and instructed me it was safe to drive home. I carefully unloaded the product at home and when I opened it, I found that it had a cracked screen. I promptly returned to Frys and asked for a refund or exchange. The "Manager in Charge" at the returns counter, Christine Bullard immediately refused the refund and started treating me like a criminal in front of many customers. I was so embarrassed and have never been treated this way at any store. Christine claimed that she "knew for a fact I had intentionally damaged the TV by laying it on its side". I told her that was not true and she openly called me a liar and told me that she "had seen this 100 times before". She then added to her inappropriate claims and started blaming me for loading the TV incorrectly in my truck. I told her that the stores own associate Mohammed in the TV section that sold me the TV had loaded it in my truck. She then started asking me why my girlfriend came to Fry's if it was her birthday present (as if accusing me of lying that it was a birthday present). She also asked me why my girlfriend didn't inspect the TV before leaving the store since it was her birthday present (does Fry's not inspect their products for quality control or stand behind their merchandise?). These accusations of fraudulent actions on my girlfriends and my part were completely inappropriate! I immediately called American Express since the TV was purchased on my card and they instructed me to leave the TV in the store and ask the manager for a receipt or abandonment ticket as proof. Christine refused to give me anything in writing and said if I left the TV there it would be crushed. She would not allow me to speak with any other manager and told me that "the buck stopped here".  At this point, I knew that she was intentionally being negligent. I started taking pictures of the product and recorded my conversation with Christine Bullard @ 2PM as proof of me leaving product in the store. I left the product in the store and walked out. I have never been treated so poorly before by anyone in my life. The experience ruined my girlfriends birthday and my new years day. On 1/4/2010, I tried calling the store to speak with the store manager, Scott Shapiro, but all day I received busy signals, as if they intentionally don't want to speak with customers. I then sent Scott an email describing the situation and an appropriate resolution with my contact information. I received a phone call back from Scott on 1/5/2010 and he refused the refund claiming they "do not return defective products". I have since filed a complaint with the BBB against Fry's Electronics in Arlington TX and recommended that their accreditation be removed until they take appropriate action to remediate these deficiencies in their business practices and refund practices. I have also placed a phone call to the regional manager which I have not heard back from yet.  I hope this can serve to warn other consumers before they buy products from this store and the store refuses to honor their return policy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2010 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frys-Electronics-Arlington-TX/Arlington-Texas-76018/Frys-Electronics-Arlington-TX-Christine-Bullard-Scott-Shapiro-Fraudulent-Return-Practi-550177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fry's Electronics, Arlington TX