Complaint Review: Frys Electronics

• Updated: Wed, November 30, 2011

• Reported By: Greg — Dallas Texas United States of America
Frys Electronics
700 E. Plano Pkwy. Plano, Texas United States of America

Frys Electronics The Old Swicharoo of Equipment - Fraud by selling mislabeled or replaced hardware in shipping box Plano, Texas

*Consumer Comment: I have to see their point....

I purchased a Onkyo Home Theater Receiver (TX-NR1009)... got it home and opened the box... and low and behold I had been scammed... inside the box was a brand new TX-SR806. Go figure.

Took it back, store manager made me feel like a thief as if I pulled this scam. He told me to bring it back the next day and speak to the store GM... guess what? Same thing! The GM made me feel like a thief too.

Long story short, they are not replacing the unit with the correct one. I have filed a report with the Plano PD, called Fry's Corp Office and opened a case, called Onkyo, and now I am down to suing Fry's in JP Court in Collin County.

Unbelievable! Someone really screwed me royally. I plan on blogging all over the place about this, contacting the BBB, and sending in a report to the FBI.

I am beyond disbelief that this store would treat me this way, plus not even try to reverse lookup the scammed equipment. Any fool could look up serial numbers and see if the unit had been sold, and who to.

I am on a mission to get my receiver and correct their mistake for them. Hopefully, my lawyer will get these people's ass and head on straight.

PO'ed Fry's Customer. I will never shop there again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2011 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frys-Electronics/Plano-Texas-75074/Frys-Electronics-The-Old-Swicharoo-of-Equipment-Fraud-by-selling-mislabeled-or-replaced-802952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frys Electronics

I have to see their point....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

The TX-NR1009 is about $1,000 and the TX-SR806 is about $500, quite a difference.

I can certainly understand their skepticism.