Complaint Review: Frys Electronics

• Submitted: Wed, February 25, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 25, 2009

• Reported By:encino California
Frys Electronics
6100 Canoga Ave Woodland Hills, California U.S.A.

Frys Electronics extinded warranty run around Woodland Hills California

*Consumer Comment: Curious

I purchased a big screen tv 65" DLP HD around 1 year ago and they asked if I would like to purchase the frys warranty, he said yea if anything goes wrong all you have to do is call and they come to you right to you home and fix it and if they cant then they replace it at no additional charge at all so, my wife and I said thats sounds good, we wont have to bring it in some place great! so we got it. NOW, THIS IS WHATS I'VE BEEN DEALING WITH. OUR TV DIED WHILE I WAS WATCHING IT SO I TOLD MY WIFE DONT WORRY WE HAVE THE EXTENDED WARRANTY YEA! I CALLED FRYS AND THEY GOT MY INFO. AND SAID OK SOMEONE WILL CALL YOU TO SCHEDULE YOUR REPAIR AND WE HUNG UP

WELL, THE WHOLE DAY WENT BY SO I CALLED BACK AND ASKED WHATS GOING ON, I CALLED THIS MORN. AND NEVER GOT A CALL BACK WHATS UP? AND THE GUY REPLIED - OH WELL IT TAKES UP TO 5 DAYS FOR SOMEONE TO CALL YOU AND SCHEDULE WHEN SOMEONE WILL COME OUT AND FIX YOUR TV, I SAID WHAT! 5 DAYS! SO WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO WATCH FOR A TV TILL THEN? I'M NOT LIKE SOME WITH TV'S IN EVERY ROOM - HE REPLIED SORRY BUT YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO GIVE IT 5 DAYS SOMEONE WILL CALL YOU. I SAID FINE! BUT THIS IS ED UP! WELL 5 OR 6 DAYS LATER I GET NO CALL SO I CALL TODAY, THEY GAVE ME THE RUN AROUND PASSING ME AROUND LIKE A JOINT TO OTHER PEOPLE SO I CALL THE MAIN OFFICE NO. AND TALK TO SOME IDIOT NAME JANET AND SHE PASSES ME AROUND LIKE A JOINT TO PEOPLES VOICE MAILS AND THEN SHE JUST ANSWERS AND HANGS UP ON ME, I CALL AGAIN AND ASK FOR HER NAME ETC. WELL WHEN I MENTION HOW I'M CHECKING EVERY LEGAL RECOURSE I CAN TO DEAL WITH THEM SHE FINALLY PUTS ME ON THE PHONE WITH KIM WHO THEN CALLS AND TRANSFERS ME TO JEFF BOSSWICK CANOGA PARK STORE MGR.
HE TELLS ME THAT NOW HE'S GONG TO HANDLE IT AND CALL IF NOT TODAY TOMORROW SO NOW INTO THE SECOND WEEK WITHOUT A TV I'M STILL WAITING BUT I DID MANAGE TO GET AN OLD TV FROM A FRIEND FOR NOW BUT HIS SUCKS ?!
FRYS HAS GOOD PRICES BUT SERVICE SUCKS!

Frank
encino, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2009 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Frys-Electronics/Woodland-Hills-California-91367/Frys-Electronics-extinded-warranty-run-around-Woodland-Hills-California-428462. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Frys Electronics

Curious

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

You bought the TV a year ago. How long was your purchased extended warranty for?

Purchased warranties go for one year if you don't pay for 2 or more years.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC